• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you take the risk?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What reason have they given for no contract?

Seems a bit rum after 5 weeks.
    pay attention.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
      Your contract start date keeps getting pushed back (got the gig 5 weeks ago) and now you are asked to work without a contract in place. As much as I think this may be OK(in contract arriving soon) would any fellow contractors take the risk?

Has anyone experienced this?

Nope! Indications are budget may not be signed off. Ergo, do the work and may not get paid.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

If you keep turning up they won't get it sorted. Tell them you aren't turning up again until a contract is in place, it will appear as if by magic. They're taking the p155 because you're letting them.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
          If you keep turning up they won't get it sorted. Tell them you aren't turning up again until a contract is in place, it will appear as if by magic. They're taking the p155 because you're letting them.
          WHS++
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Without a contract your insurance is almost certainly void.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X