• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High Earners 'Will Dodge New 50p Tax Rate'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You can't be a one man-band working here and be incorporated overseas.
    Why can't you have Ltd in Ireland which will bill end client here and pay you as another local Ltd subcidiary for doing the services? That's how Google UK operates.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      Of course. Darling is not stupid. He just depends on stupid people to vote for his party.
      As Hitler once said

'It as well for the Leaders that the people cannot think'

PS War in Iran anybody ?

Comment

The domicile (I think that's the correct term) of a company depends where the direction and control of the company comes from.
        “Search giant Google has been accused of avoiding UK tax by routing most of its earnings through Ireland. This means it saves about £100m a year by paying Irish corporation tax at 12.5 per cent rather than the 28 per cent it would face in the UK.

British advertisers send their money to Google’s Irish subsidiary, an arrangement that has been described as unfair and unacceptable.

This means that even though Google UK turned over £1.25bn in the UK it paid only £600,000 in UK corporation tax - 90 per cent of its earnings were channeled through Ireland.”

http://blog.freshegg.com/google-accu...tax-dodge_920/

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          As Hitler once said

'It as well for the Leaders that the people cannot think'

PS War in Iran anybody ?
          UK should issue war bonds. Get the Middle East guys invest in a war with the Middle East. It makes perfect sense. In a New Labour way.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            UK should issue war bonds. Get the Middle East guys invest in a war with the Middle East. It makes perfect sense. In a New Labour way.
            We don't want to fight - but by Jingo if we do ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Why can't you have Ltd in Ireland which will bill end client here and pay you as another local Ltd subcidiary for doing the services? That's how Google UK operates.
              Aside from one person only being able to be in one place at a time, I can see no flaws in that whatsoever.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Aside from one person only being able to be in one place at a time, I can see no flaws in that whatsoever.
                Why do you have to be in different places? Irish Ltd will bill (like it does for Google UK) and declare there profits pay low corporate tax and pay you dividends as owner of that Ltd who lives in the UK.

Big companies certainly get away with it.

Comment

If you are the sole director, and live & work in the UK, even if the company is registered in France, Hector will want to tax you.
                  Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Why do you have to be in different places? Irish Ltd will bill (like it does for Google UK) and declare there profits pay low corporate tax and pay you dividends as owner of that Ltd who lives in the UK.

Big companies certainly get away with it.
                  Little companies don't.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Little companies don't.
                    Indeed, and it's a bit tulipy to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                    X