• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bands I'd Like To See

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed out about 8 years of gigging, combination of little ones and working permanent 12 hour nights 7 days a week.

When they grow up a bit, get back into the routine, you'll not regret it!
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Bands I've seen

The Police, Dire Straits, Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith, AC-DC, GnR, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, U2, The Killers, Blondie, Genesis, Velvet Revolver,ZZ Top, Pet Shop Boys!, The Jam - All Excellent, there are many others were I've been to pi**ed to remember!

artists's - Prince, Madonna (wiv the missus), Bruce Springsteen, Sting,
      Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Joe Satriani, and other I've forgotten!

Bands/artists I've missed - Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stevie Vai, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin,Jonny Cash, David Bowie, The Eagles, The Doors, Jeff Buckley
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I would have loved to see AC : DC last night at birmingham - sell out though
        Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
        I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
          Bands/artists I've missed - Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stevie Vai, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin,Jonny Cash, David Bowie, The Eagles, The Doors, Jeff Buckley
          Would've been great to see SRV live

Originally posted by tino View Post
          I caught them at the NEC on their Razor's Edge tour. And I certainly wasn't going to let having chicken pox stop me going
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
            There were the usual "retailers" outside last night, lowest price I could get was £150, and TBH I would've brought one, but would've got an earful from the missus as I only saw them last month
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Would've been great to see SRV live

I caught them at the NEC on their Razor's Edge tour. And I certainly wasn't going to let having chicken pox stop me going
              Toying with a trip to glasgow next thursday up and down on the train same day and maybe catching them there. More chance of a ticket there (even though thats also sold out )

HTH

Comment

There were the usual "retailers" outside last night, lowest price I could get was £150, and TBH I would've brought one, but would've got an earful from the missus as I only saw them last month
                I seen that, one of the guys in here got one given to him free gratis - I was pretty pissed off last night tbf. I even toyed with going through on the train and picking one up from a tout for less than face value after the gig had started - generally works well that one

In the end I was a Scotsman, working in Rugby, on St Georges day (the pub was a good laugh though)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Of the ones I have seen, for me it's probably Faith No More, Three Doors Down, Journey, Roger Waters, Aerosmith, Dave Lee Roth (although he's probably too old now) Guns And Roses, Faster Pusseycat, the Red Hot Chillipeppers and The Eagles.
                  David Lee Roth tourded with Van Halen in the states last year, apparently they were quite good. So you may get a chance to see him yet.

Comment

Bands I've seen

The Police, Dire Straits, Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith, AC-DC, GnR, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, U2, The Killers, Blondie, Genesis, Velvet Revolver,ZZ Top, Pet Shop Boys!, The Jam - All Excellent, there are many others were I've been to pi**ed to remember!

artists's - Prince, Madonna (wiv the missus), Bruce Springsteen, Sting,
                    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Joe Satriani, and other I've forgotten!

Eagles are round again this summer and there's still tickets left!
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                      Eagles are round again this summer and there's still tickets left!
                      I'm on it!

Comment

Working...
                      X