• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heroes...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the whole of the first series, even though Hiro really grated on me, with his retarded whiny, excited voice.

I just can't stand that character. Can you imagine him being British and speaking his lines in English in that manner? I can't!

Also it really annoyed me the bad guys (Sylar?) super power was that he could absorb all super powers. Reminds me of the old "I wish for 3 more wishes" line. Sigh!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      I watched the whole of the first series, even though Hiro really grated on me, with his retarded whiny, excited voice.

I just can't stand that character. Can you imagine him being British and speaking his lines in English in that manner? I can't!

Also it really annoyed me the bad guys (Sylar?) super power was that he could absorb all super powers. Reminds me of the old "I wish for 3 more wishes" line. Sigh!
      They ran out of ideas and now it's just tulip! It was good when it started with all the hype etc, but pathetic now.

Comment

I liked Ando. He had no powers but at least he made me laugh.

Comment

Rookie: "Why not throw in a few characters with really mundane/useless powers..."
          • Man who can make his ring-piece glow in the dark
          • Man who can pass a pencil through his head from ear to ear
          • Man who can speak welsh

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
            Is it me or is it just getting ridiculously cr@p?!

This kind of "entertainment" is designed to turn a profit.

Do you work as hard on a contract after 4 months as during the first week?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Rookie: "Why not throw in a few characters with really mundane/useless powers..."
              • Man who can see the near future - but speaks really slowly and by the time he got out what happens it already has.
              • Woman who can change the taste in her mouth at will
              • Kid with ability to control computers - but only really old ones like ZX81s, Apple ][s, 386s
              • Goldfish that knows everything about everything - but being stuck in a bowl of water on its own and can not speak

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                • Man who can make his ring-piece glow in the dark
                • Man who can pass a pencil through his head from ear to ear
                • Man who can speak welsh
                Very good.
                • Man who can ride a horse backwards.
                • Man with a chameleon tongue
                • Woman who can throw in a straight line
                • Woman who can park a car
                I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Sharkoes.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Sharkoes.
                    What are Sharkoes? Anything like cameltoes?
                    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

I have the series 2 box set. Is it not worth watching then?
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X