• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National "Girls day" in DE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
    Dunno about anyone else, but this department is sadly lacking in Eye Candy
    Same here
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

They're running a "Girls Day" here in an attempt to get more women into engineering.

Quite right too, I say. Dunno about anyone else, but this department is sadly lacking in Eye Candy
      You'd be a bit miffed if you only had balding over-aged sacks of fat to look at all day.

And that's just the women!
      You must be at the same client as me. No decent eye candy.

Comment

You'd be a bit miffed if you only had balding over-aged sacks of fat to look at all day.

And that's just the women!
        Isn't it a bit sad that techies suffer all sorts of prejudices about being pale skinned, unfit, badly dressed and unable to seduce women, and that so many fellow techies seem determined to fit this stereotype perfectly?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Isn't it a bit sad that techies suffer all sorts of prejudices about being pale skinned, unfit, badly dressed and unable to seduce women, and that so many fellow techies seem determined to fit this stereotype perfectly?
          Last edited by BlightyBoy; 23 April 2009, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by BlightyBoy
            Hang on.

Are you having a pop at me?
            I don't know. Are you pale skinned, unfit, badly dressed and unable to seduce a woman?

Do you play Dungeons and Dragons?

Do you own more than one Iron Maiden album?

Hang on, I'm having a go at myself now. Shut up Mich, someone might think you're a geek.

Comment

Quite right too, I say. Dunno about anyone else, but this department is sadly lacking in Eye Candy
              Distincnt lack here too.

You would of thought that in construction the odds would have been good but it turns out that the goods are odd
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Are you pale skinned, unfit, badly dressed and unable to seduce a woman?

I'd have to answer "no" to all but two of those. And I ain't saying which ones (but the clue is in my Avatar)

Comment

pale skinned - nope, just back from 2 weeks in Oman and spent xmas in Thailand

unfit - errr that's being fixed

badly dressed - no way

unable to seduce women - no

and that so many fellow techies seem determined to fit this stereotype perfectly? sorry, not guilty

Do you play Dungeons and Dragons? Warcraft during winter when working away

Do you own more than one Iron Maiden album? no
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I don't know. Are you pale skinned, unfit, badly dressed and unable to seduce a woman?

Yes / Yes / No / No / Yes / Yes
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Of all those things, I shall only admit to owning 2 Iron Maiden albums.

Comment

Working...
                      X