• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I stop snoring?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    You're all missing the obvious solution here - the beautiful girlfriend needs to start drinking more!!

That way she'll fall asleep quicker, and deeper

Sorted!
    Good answer!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Dump her and go for one that sleeps soundly and doesn't mind you snoring?

There's an ad on tv for those strips you put over your nose. Never used them and so don't know if they work.
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

My missus used to snore like a banshee - turns out she had certain food allergies which affected her breathing... she cut those foods out and snoring down to an acceptable level

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
          I used to snore very loudly - now a lot less.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea - I suggest that you get checked out for this. I was prescribed a mouth piece that kept my jaw open and helped me breathe - snoring reduced but bloody uncomfortable (and you dribble worse than a baby!).

The next thing I had done was removing my tonsils (at 35 - bloody parents not doing it when I was 5). Painfull but soon recovered - not snored much since (unless pissed as a fart).

If you really are concerned (and it seems like your girlie is) I would go to your GP and disscuss the issue.

Cheers

Coalman
          apnoea - this is ContractorUK not ContractorUSA

But agreed, allways worth a check for this if it's really bad, I have a nosepiece that blows air up my hooter to keep my throat open, was very interesting trying to get that through Manchester airport 2 weeks after the terror alert...

The only problem is now I don't snore, the other half misses it!
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
            There's an ad on tv for those strips you put over your nose. Never used them and so don't know if they work.
            They help slightly, but are not really all that effective. And they are a bit pricey too for what they are.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Whenever one of us snores, the other just goes sleep in the spare bedroom. We have been married for 12 years though, and we don't take it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                Whenever one of us snores, the other just goes sleep in the spare bedroom. We have been married for 12 years though, and we don't take it personally.
                Done that on holiday - no big deal if you ask me but makes him feel bad.
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  lonely when he wakes up ready for action
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    lonely when he wakes up ready for action
                    Probably more apt!!
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      In the early days, when I asked why wifey slept in another room, she would come up with some excuse so as to not potentially hurt my feelings; something like she was too hot/fidgety and wanted to let me sleep in peace.

Now she just says: because you were snoring like a drunken pig, darling.

Charming
                      Last edited by Pinto; 22 April 2009, 09:18.

Comment

Working...
                      X