• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the appropriate punishment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't get anywhere with grounding, bans etc. - just make him give his games consoles to the kid he's hospitalized as peace offering and tell him he'll have to save for a replacement one from his own pocket money.
    (This is the tactic my parents adopted and believe me it works after you've handed over your prize posessions).
    Last edited by moorfield; 20 April 2009, 13:35.

Comment

Slap them repeatedly. They have to understand that violence does not lead anywhere.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        Slap them repeatedly. They have to understand that violence does not lead anywhere.
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The guy has brought his kid up properly, taught the child how to protect him(her)self and how to get out of trouble. If you punish the kid you will only confuse him. Buy him some sweets then take him to Africa

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Make him bring the other kid flowers in the hospital - every single day.
            Your kid needs to see what he did to the other child.

And make him hand over his most prized possessions to the victim - in front of his whole class then the victim comes back to school.

Your kid needs to be publicly, privately and thoroughly humiliated.

If he does not learn now it will give him bigger problems later in life.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Have you thought of a Plan B: Cage fighting for school kids?
              The dads get to bet on the results. Everyone's a winner.

EO
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

You need to bring out his academic side, I recommend some Calculus statistics for beginners. Of course I read it when I was two, but then, thats just me

SasGuru
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

His behaviour has been steadily deteriorating for last 6 months. It appears to be related to autism but we await a formal diagnosis. We have been pushing doctors for assistance but it takes a long while to get any help.

The doctors wrote a formal report to the school SENCO but they have done nothing : I hope they will soon.

99% of the time he is a lovely child and this is the first time it has led to physical violence. All previous incidents revolved around telling children scare stories.

Does not stop me feeling very sorry for the other child involved : I hope he is okay.

I want to find out how many kids were throwing stones : was it just my son?

Either way : alot of privelidges will be withdrawn. Alas this will probably make his behaviour worse!

From the recent UK Autism magazine : Autism is not a disease : it is war.......

Comment

Ok, I retract the bit about the barbed wire.

Hope it works out, BP. Don't have kids but I think the 'handing dear possesions over to the victim' thing might work. Although it might make him hate the victim.

Comment

Go along to the next school governors drop in session and ask them to expidite things! or get hold of chairperson and get them on your side.

It is in the schools intrest to get your child statemented, this is what it is called when the child is deemed to need extra help be that they are a genuis or resisting learning at the average rate.

How i know is i am a gov at local school, if your child gets statemented the school gets wads of cash!

Hope it all goes well, and it may not be his fault. There are two sides to every story.

/Humour
                      Advise him if he is going to hurt someone make sure they never talk/walk again then it is very hard for themt o grass your son up.

/Humour

Pleomax
                      Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Working...
                      X