• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bread Makers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
    That's what I'm thinking Tony....if I buy one will it go the same way....?!
    Yes, just found ours under a table in the conservatory when moving my router. Dont know what its doing there but it certainly aint making bread.

Comment

We had our breadmaker out for the first time in two years. My son tried to make some bread without yeast. The flour wasn't even self-raising. The resultant "bread" was dense enough to absorb most forms of radiation and certainly worthy of stuffing under your shirt in the event of a gun-fight.

I dunno - kids these days

Comment

A good name for a bread maker would be 'The Quantitive Easer'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          A bread maker is a just another machine the missus buys to sit in the kitchen and gather dust.
          Leave it for long enough and you can make yourself a delicious dust loaf

Comment

I make bread fairly often but don't use a bread maker. Just get a bread tin.

Results are the same. Make the dough the night before stick it in the fridge. Next day 30 mins in the oven and bread ahoy!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Depends what you buy... bread that stays fresh a long time or is very cheap is not good. But fresh-baked bread in their own on-site bakery, that goes stale in 1-2 days - surely that's loads better.
              One word: Salt.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                We bought one a while ago and it's been used twice. It now lives in the cupboard under the stairs along with all the other junk we bought but never used.
                I imagine they're like toasted sandwich makers - Easy to use, but hellishly hard to clean, especially with sticky gloopy stuff like dough (or is that "do" if you're a septic?)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I imagine they're like toasted sandwich makers - Easy to use, but hellishly hard to clean, especially with sticky gloopy stuff like dough (or is that "do" if you're a septic?)
                  I was surprised at how little mess there was when we started using ours - none of the dough is left behind.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Ours is very easy to clean - just soak in warm water after use and then wipe away. Just don't use anything abrasive on the time that it gets cooked in otherwise it will scratch the inside and make it hard to get the bread out.
                    Last edited by Mustang; 17 April 2009, 09:50.

Comment

This thread has really sold the idea to me. Nice one guys!

I wonder if there is one that can go in the dishwasher...
                      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                      X