• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wee bit miffed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pondlife,

Finding the problem in PRD and being told to fix it asap as you're stopping manufacturing/logistics = OverTime

which is good.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I thought for the sheer heck of it I would post an excerpt from the actual email
      This is from the chap that just told me there is no blame culture.

"Simple approach that works for me is to assuming that nothing is as you need it to be unless you have made it so. The problem here seems to be that you assumed upon finding the entries in UAT that they would therefore be in Production. The only thing that tells you that the entries are in Production is seeing the entries in Production."
      Words fail me!!!

I would have replied with: -

"Yes, you are indeed right about assumptions. I had also assumed I was working with people who knew what the f*&^ they were doing."
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Words fail me!!!

I would have replied with: -

"Yes, you are indeed right about assumptions. I had also assumed I was working with people who knew what the f*&^ they were doing."
        Actually totally stunned that no one has started a "samey-pun-titled-thread" entitled "A Wee bit muffed"

Do I have to do everything round here?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Actually totally stunned that no one has started a "samey-pun-titled-thread" entitled "A Wee bit muffed"

Do I have to do everything round here?
          Well thread title parodies have been done to death, they lost all entertainment value long ago.

On topic how the hell can an organisation call a test environment a UAT test if it varies from live in any significant way? Pure idiocy and begging for just the sort of grief that you encountered. I'm not a tester but even I know the basic ground rules.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Well thread title parodies have been done to death, they lost all entertainment value long ago.

On topic how the hell can an organisation call a test environment a UAT test if it varies from live in any significant way? Pure idiocy and begging for just the sort of grief that you encountered. I'm not a tester but even I know the basic ground rules.
            Indeed. But it was still my fault according to him. I loved his first email stating how it was not a blame culture and then proceeding to blame me . To be honest this bloke is about 4 feet tall and talks to everyone like they are thick. I think he is universally known as being a bit of a knob. He has a superiority complex of biblical proportions.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Indeed. But it was still my fault according to him. I loved his first email stating how it was not a blame culture and then proceeding to blame me . To be honest this bloke is about 4 feet tall and talks to everyone like they are thick. I think he is universally known as being a bit of a knob. He has a superiority complex of biblical proportions.
              Isn't the life of a contractor wonderful? there was a time when I had to tolerate and work with knobs like that. Now I just hold them in contempt until I finish my job and leave. If they're the one signing the time sheet, a modification of my attitude prevails on Fridays!

IME, "no blame culture" = "witch hunt culture".
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                IME, "no blame culture" = "witch hunt culture".

Very true, the worst places for apportioning fault that I've worked at are those that proclaim themselves to have a "no blame culture". It's always a feeble cover up for their deeply rooted behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Very true, the worst places for apportioning fault that I've worked at are those that proclaim themselves to have a "no blame culture". It's always a feeble cover up for their deeply rooted behaviour.
                  Correct. They wouldn't have to say anything if there truly WAS a no blame culture.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

My tactic for dealing with these situations is to come across a bit thick:

"Oh reaaaally? ... UAT is different from Live? ... OK, can you show me the documentation describing the variation between the environments?"
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X