• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Last Gig I Saw Was...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    ARGH - just remembered it's tonight in Wolverhampton isn't it!

< heads off to wolvescivic website >

Arse. Sold out

The most epic of epic fails
    *shakes head*
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
      *shakes head*
      I know, I know

I didn't realise he was so popular to be honest.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        Hmm - one of my friends is in the ragtrade and had a stall at last years Reading festival so I was given a free traders pass to the festival - various bands played all of which were really dire , the main band was Metallica (is that how you spell it?) anyway I left 5 mins after they started - I bumped into a young Metaillica fan who was desperate for a ticket but couldnt afford the 100 quid that the touts wanted - so I gave him my pass for free.

He couldnt believe his luck and ran headlong for the festival - well that was my good turn for the day.
        I was there too Alf, and completely agree! I watched them for about 45 minutes hoping they would get better....but I ended up bored, cold, and sober. So I left...
        Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
          I was there too Alf, and completely agree! I watched them for about 45 minutes hoping they would get better....but I ended up bored, cold, and sober. So I left...
          I saw Metallica at Manchester a bit ago and they were brilliant. One of the best shows I've seen. They were on my list of bands I'd like to see. I'm off to Download this year mainly because Faith No More are on and so are Journey.

What is quite sad is my son wants me to take him to Dio if they ever tour over here. I told him to listen to them to show him how bad their music was and he loves it. I thought I'd trained him better than that.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            I saw Metallica at Manchester a bit ago and they were brilliant. One of the best shows I've seen. They were on my list of bands I'd like to see. I'm off to Download this year mainly because Faith No More are on and so are Journey.

What is quite sad is my son wants me to take him to Dio if they ever tour over here. I told him to listen to them to show him how bad their music was and he loves it. I thought I'd trained him better than that.

Saw Dio live a couple of years back Tony, in a little cellar in the Newcastle Uni halls of residence and they rocked!

Each to their own, I know but their guitarist Doug Aldrich (who also tours with Whitesnake) is a star. He also stayed behind afterwards for a chat and a beer.

That said, I love Dio's voice and had to see him tour with Heaven and Hell last year (80's Black Sabbath ). Will go again when they tour with their new album.
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

The Gutter Twins Manchester University, prior to that I think it was QOTSA (who are a shadow of the Nick Oliveri years)

before that NIN, I think
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Rammstein in London on their last tour. Awesome.

So on the same tour, I also got tickets to see them in Prague and Germany as well.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  Rammstein in London on their last tour. Awesome.

So on the same tour, I also got tickets to see them in Prague and Germany as well.
                  I lurvvve Rammstien, they are my poddi music of choice for marching along busy streets - everyone gets out of my way
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                    Saw Dio live a couple of years back Tony, in a little cellar in the Newcastle Uni halls of residence and they rocked!

Each to their own, I know but their guitarist Doug Aldrich (who also tours with Whitesnake) is a star. He also stayed behind afterwards for a chat and a beer.

That said, I love Dio's voice and had to see him tour with Heaven and Hell last year (80's Black Sabbath ). Will go again when they tour with their new album.
                    I saw them at a place in Leeds while I was still at school, when they used to tour around carrying large chunks of Scotland with them (castles and dragons etc) They were good but shortly after I realised all his songs follow a format.

They all have rubbihs lyrics and the last verse is a repeat of the stuff he sang earlier. it's as if he hits 70% of the way through and things fec it I'm off to the pub and just does a bit of cutting and pasting. Finally all his songs are something to do with children of the night with a sword in their hands fighting for something. It's like the musical version of dungeons and dragons.

I like the tunes though - I just wished his lyrics were not so geeky
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I play guitar, I listen to guitar.

The singers only there to accompany the guitarist.

If he's a good voice, he's more listenable to than the bass
                      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
                      X