• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ContractorUK taking tulip from agents and publishing it as advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Hmmm... "Computer People recently voted Best Agency by Contractor UK readers"(does anyone actually remember voting on this?)
    Where is that said? Never saw such a poll and if it did exist and that was the result there would be no doubt in my mind that it was somehow fixed.

Voted "Worst Agency by Contractor UK readers" would be far more likely

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
      Where is that said? Never saw such a poll and if it did exist and that was the result there would be no doubt in my mind that it was somehow fixed.

Voted "Worst Agency by Contractor UK readers" would be far more likely
      Yes - that was the general consensus at the time. We even had a thread with a poll to ask everyone who gets on here who voted for them - and I believe it was something like: -

Voted for them = 0
      Didn't vote for them = 30+

Then the thread went mysteriously missing.

Crock of sh1te, the lot of it.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
        Just to clarify that CUK has run a series of Comment articles on agencies (including topics such as CV privacy, CV format and more recently contracting in a recession etc), where comment is provided by a range of external providers including various agencies (such as Hudson, Computer People, Parity).

These articles are provided as comment and are intended to be helpful and give an overview of recruiters' opinions operating in the contracting industry on topical questions. As Comment articles they contain the opinions of those supplying their answers. We do categorise our news to differentiate between what's straight factual reporting of events etc, e.g. BT rate cuts categorised as 'Contracting News', and what is opinion, i.e. 'Comment' (underneath each headline/summary).

We aim to provide a range of articles covering news, surveys etc as well as industry comment - so contractors can access news and opinion in one place to build on what they already know of the industry. As with making any decision in life it's best to do your own research to make your own judgements of course. We certainly don't receive payment for including comment on our news and Computer People do not advertise with us either.
        Quite clearly this "comment" is far from helpful, and, assuming you have a good understanding of the contracting profession, I don't understand why you didn't realise it was unhelpful.
        If bad articles like this are going to be present on the site then it brings in to doubt the trustworthyness of all other information on the site, and users might choose to go elsewhere when they realise this.
        I think it might be best if you removed the article.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X