• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recording TV: DVD or HD recorder?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    With twin tuners I think you can either (a) record two channels and watch a previous recording, or (b) watch one channel while recording another. I'm fairly sure you can't watch one channel and record programmes on two others simultaneously, but I could be wrong.

PS PVR and DVR seem to be synonymous, worth knowing when Googling for reviews etc.
    On (b), you can record 2 and watch another but it depends on what channels...something to do with the way channels are grouped together. I can record BBC1 & BBC2 but not watch ITV, but can watch Channel 5. Don't quote me on the mix that I just mentioned as I'm not sat in front of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Why don't you go Freesat? Just get a dish installed and a Humax satellite box and you have SD & some HD channels for the price of an install. Then you can have Sky HD added at a later date as they use the same dish. Some TVs (some Panasonic Plasmas) have Freesat built-in.

Sky+ does need a dish. You need 2 cables for HD plus if you want Freesat that also needs a cable. I have 3 cables running from my dish - 2 for Sky+/HD and one for Freesat.

I am a bit geeky about this - sorry.
      We're just moving in to a rented house... don't know if bolting a satellite onto the house will go down well...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X