• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Geek Gets Hitched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to you both!

Comment

So now that I have upgraded him to Husband 1.0 where do I get the service pack from to sort out those "glitches"
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        So now that I have upgraded him to Husband 1.0 where do I get the service pack from to sort out those "glitches"
        Sweetheart, I think he is non-refundable now!

Congratulations though - like what RH said, ye are a lovely couple!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Congrats to both of you
          Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          We regret to inform you all service packs and upgrades relevant to your purchase are not included in your original pricing agreement and at this time we are unable to offer an upgrade path

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Thanks everyone for your congratulations, much appreciated.

As for the ice room, it's kept at -5 deg c. We stayed in the art deluxe suite, which was simply stunning. The ice sculpture is amazing.

The bed was a block of ice, with several foam camping mattresses on the bottom, and topped with reindeer hides.

You then sleep in either a single or a double sleeping bag. We were recommended to use the singles, since the double with two people inside will naturally let in air as you both move around.

The single bag completely envelops you, and if you pull the drawstring from the inside, you can leave a small hole for (steady folks!) breathing.

I still managed to wake up with ice on my eyebrows. Most unusual !

What a cracking place and sufficiently different to please our ecletic tastes.
            Strange way to start a honeymoon though?

Separate sleeping bags?
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post

Separate sleeping bags?
              they probably do turn based IGOYOUGO rather than real time

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

BGG,

congrats

when's she due ?

Separate sleeping bags - honeymoon....

BGG is into fantasy role playing games

nuff said, I'll get me coat

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  BGG would like for formally announce that He and Halo Jones have finally tied the knot on April 3rd 2009 in the Icehotel in Sweden.

It was a true, fairytale wedding, amidst the ice and snow, and we are now the proud owners of a Swedish Wedding certificate, which is no doubt going to cause some fun in the UK (well, before after it's translated officially).

Congrats BGG, she's a lovely girl!
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post

Separate sleeping bags?
                    Between the cold & the champane I don't think much would of happened

But we have made up for it since, nothing wrong with a bit of role play

As for sprogs - NOT going to happen

But thank you all for your kind words
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Halo Jones (aka Mrs BGG) posted : So now that I have upgraded him to Husband 1.0 where do I get the service pack from to sort out those "glitches"
                      Someone is in Soooooo much trouble when she gets home
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X