• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a special way to remember Jade?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Can't believe they've only just buried her.
    The other stiffs in the cemetery kept on voting her out.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      They say you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes. This is, for the most part, an idiotic thing to say.

But in this case, your post would have been even funnier if you'd left out the :rollin: smiley. You over-egged the pudding there.

Nonetheless the post made me laugh out loud, so I'll invoke it as well
      Yes, smileys can be tricky. I think most people use them and read them as I do to mean simply "I'm laughing".

But some employ them, and others interpret them, to mean "Laugh! This is funny!" or "*Please* laugh. I'm trying *so* hard to be funny", and in that case they can look a bit lame.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X