• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I knew there was a reason I don't own a PS3...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My PS3 broke a few weeks ago - the blu-ray drive stopped recognising any CD/DVDs, so it was pretty much useless. By searching the net it seems that this is a common feature of the PS3 that Sony won't admit to. On their website they have a link to some kind of out of warranty repair thing where they cover it for about 5 quid a month. I joined up, and after a couple of weeks wait (I was away from home for a bit) I logged it. They replaced my 60gb one with an out of the box new 80gb one. I've stopped the direct debit and I'll start it again when this one dies!
    That's a result, although you do lose PS2 compatibility with the 80Gb model (probably not a biggie for most people though). I was quite impressed with the out of warranty repair from Nintento for the optical drive in the Wii - £25 to have it picked up, fixed, and returned back to me. The real bonus was they forgot to actually request payment
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Check the small print of that insurance policy you joined, you might be covered by this text otherwise:

"The Fraud Act 2006 specifically defines fraud as a crime. This act defines fraud as being committed when a person “makes a false representation,” “fails to disclose to another person information which he is under a legal duty to disclose,” or abuses a position in which he or she is “expected to safeguard, or not to act against, the financial interests of another person.” This act also defines the penalties for fraud as imprisonment up to ten years, a fine, or both.[52]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insuran...United_Kingdom

The good news is that allegedly if you have long prison term and are on suicide watch then you might be able to get a console to play...
      I can't see anyone chasing him for it, especially as he sold it to a mate and no longer requires insurance... he may buy it back again in the future though. Sony should have done what MS eventually did and cover their consoles for 3 years for certain known failures.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I can't see anyone chasing him for it, especially as he sold it to a mate and no longer requires insurance...
        Sounds like he had a motive then, it only makes things worth...

Comment

Working...
        X