• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

G20 Protester dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    BUT you did say London
    Indeed I did, and even going for London marathon deaths I'd expect them to happen at least 100 times less than on anarchist lead mass protest.

What you are saying is: "Out of the 10s of 000s (possibly 100s of thousands) of people that run Marathons/Endurance races every year in this country only a very (vanishingly) small number of people die......

I think this is rather different than your implied "If you run the LONDON Marathon you have a good chance of dying before you finish" which is obvious bollox..........
    I did not mean that.

What I meant is that even peaceful things can result in unintended death - joining "demostration" that is known to attract anarchists that trashed more than one city before (including London I think, in some month of May recently?) is risking ones life: the biggest threat to life in such cases is not so much as police shooting demonstrators but crowds that can kill.

The main theme being that by over-exagerating and being inprecise you turned what might have been a valid point in to tulip
    This "demo" is a load of tulip

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      Thats not like you Brillo....... diving into a major conspiracy theory "Capitalism Kills Bloke" without even the vaguest notion of fact!
      I thought it was the police actually. But I prefer your version.

Since when has one needed fact to troll in general?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I thought it was the police actually. But I prefer your version.?
        Thats the "other" consipacy!

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Since when has one needed fact to troll in general?
        Good point. Well Made!

Comment

Just heard on the BBC radio news that he wasn't a protester - he was on his way home from work.

Once again, Cyberman jumps to the wrong conclusion on the basis of insufficient information

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just heard on the BBC radio news that he wasn't a protester - he was on his way home from work.

Once again, Cyberman jumps to the wrong conclusion on the basis of insufficient information

I didn't. It was the radio and TV report that said it was a protester.

Comment

You know how the ruin a good thread dont you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                I didn't. It was the radio and TV report that said it was a protester.
                I think you'll find that they said he died during the protests, which isn't the same thing as saying that he's a protester.

Comment

I think you'll find that they said he died during the protests, which isn't the same thing as saying that he's a protester.

You're so damn clever. Perhaps you should phone Talksport and the BBC and tell them that they got their news reports wrong last night. Idiot !!

Comment

You're so damn clever. Perhaps you should phone Talksport and the BBC and tell them that they got their news reports wrong last night. Idiot !!
                    Was it not me who said he was a protestor? Why are you not both attacking me?

I am happy to hold up my hands and say I made a mistake.

Made for a good cuk thread though!

Comment

BBC Midnight News, Radio 4, Broadcast Thu 2 Apr 2009 00:00, Timestamp 06:03:
                      "Tonight, Police confirmed that one person died after collapsing."
                      See that word "person"? Not "protester" or "demonstrator". Just "person".

Comment

Working...
                      X