• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Homoeopathy on the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely going to write to the local newspaper, and try to get the practice drawn into a discussion that way.
    I wouldn't advise that personally, because whilst you may feel justified in calling one Doctor's opinion in to question, you would unfairly and inadvertently tarnish the reputations of any other Doctors and Practice Staff at the surgery.

Take your issue up with the Doctor directly and ask him personally.

A good Doctor should be more than willing to discuss his patient prescribing with a patient to allay any fears or concerns.

HTH
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      There is a NHS Homeopathic hospital in Scotland. That should get you lot going.

The gf thinks it is a load of crap but it willing send patients there if they really want to go. People often get better if they believe they are getting better, nothing to do with the treatment.
      Exactly!

Unfortunately there is no profit for pharmaceutical companies in that though.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

There is also no profit for the UK Pharmas in producing a producing a pill in small dosage (of a drug which is in the BNF and hence legal in the UK), for a condition I suffer from, when instead they prefer to continue to charge the PCT 10K per year per patient.

The alternative drug is £30 a month.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Homeopathy has nothing to do with ingredients. It's a completely bollux idea that if you dilute something to the nth degree it still has an effect, because the water it is dissolved in retains a "memory" of it.
          oddly like the current state of play in particle/quantum mechanics. quark behaviour can have an effect via no discernible means on other quarks etc.

Comment

How old is you son?

Possibly too young for Amoxicillin?

The reasoning here might be down to the fact that if he had sent you home, you might've kicked off for not prescribing anything (it happens a lot), therefore the tablet's that he did prescribe will probably act as a plecebo and give the same outcome as the tried and trusted formula of one Amoxillin?

Just a theory
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Crystal therapy anyone?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I am told that GPs now are meant to offer up options to the patient then anser any question so that the patient gets to decide their treatment. Did this happen?

Comment

Did the doc say it was homeopathy openly, or did you find out later? If the former, why not say at the time "I don't agree with it"; if the latter maybe it was prescribed as a placebo.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My youngest son is currently going through a course of homeopathic remedies (he is 2). My wife and I are both sceptical but have tried the conventional route (he has chronic tonsilitis) and is on a daily dose of antibiotics at the moment as well. Previous courses of antibiotics have not worked.

This also impacts on his sleeping (and therefore ours) - not had a good nights sleep for well over two years now.

On a science note: we are curious to see how it works (if at all) as surely a placebo will not work on one so young? Surely you must understand that the medicine will make you better? We have pumped so many different antibiotics into our son we dread to think what they are doing long term.

Sorry a bit rambling.
                    Beer
                    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
                      oddly like the current state of play in particle/quantum mechanics. quark behaviour can have an effect via no discernible means on other quarks etc.
                      That's neither here nor there.
                      More info here - seems like just one more of those peculiar "memes", like religion, that humans are particular to believing.

http://skepdic.com/homeo.html
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X