• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Homoeopathy on the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quackery on the NHS
    Fixed that for you.

You really should have had a word with the doc. Either you look like one of those hippy types and he thought you'd appreciate being given some sugar pills with water dropped on them, or the doc is taking the piss.

Either way, he needs a talking too...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
      Yeah, I was wondering the same. Perhaps after they have done all the dilution mumbo jumbo they put a drop of the water onto a chalk tablet.
      Yes it's something like that - usually a sugar-coated pill, I think.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes it's something like that - usually a sugar-coated pill, I think.
        A smartie?
        Or a skittle?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

the dillution is added to lactose tablets as it goes.

I used to live in a flat above a Homeopathy. Always seemed pretty busy. Could be a good plan B.

Cure for hangover. Add 1 pint stella to one swimmingpool of water, add a drop to a pill and knock it out at 10 quid a pop. Boomed!
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            You really should have had a word with the doc.
            It's kind of difficult, when it can damage the patient / doc relationship.

I'm definitely going to write to the local newspaper, and try to get the practice drawn into a discussion that way.
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
              It's kind of difficult, when it can damage the patient / doc relationship.

I'm definitely going to write to the local newspaper, and try to get the practice drawn into a discussion that way.
              Seems to be fairly common on the NHS:

NHS treatment
              Patients can choose homeopathy

Homeopathy has always been a part of the NHS. There are five NHS homeopathic hospitals: Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool, London and Tunbridge Wells.

There are also a number of NHS homeopathic clinics around the country and over 400 GPs use homeopathy in their everyday practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                Cure for hangover. Add 1 pint stella to one swimming pool of water, add a drop to a pill and knock it out at 10 quid a pop. Boomed!
                That's not diluted enough. It should be the equivalent of 1 drop in the Atlantic ocean.
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  the dillution is added to lactose tablets as it goes.

I used to live in a flat above a Homeopathy. Always seemed pretty busy. Could be a good plan B.

Cure for hangover. Add 1 pint stella to one swimmingpool of water, add a drop to a pill and knock it out at 10 quid a pop. Boomed!
                  You could make the remedy so much 'stronger' by first diluting the beer in Lake Windermere and then shaking a bottle of the solution up and down while chanting ‘ommmm’. If you then take this first bottle and dilute drops of that into gallon cans of tap water, then put the drops into little bottles with some more shaken tap water, you’ll have a very powerful homeopathic cure, where you can be pretty sure that not one molecule of your original pint is to be found in the bottle. This will net you at least 10 pounds per drop, instead of a weedy tenner per bottle.

By the way, water is a very good hangover cure, so don't be surprised if it appears to work if you drink a litre of the wondercure.

You can use the same process for making a surefire thirst quencher; dilute a grain of salt in a bathtub of water and repeat the above steps; just 500ml of said solution is proven to relieve thirst.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 31 March 2009, 09:18.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There is a NHS Homeopathic hospital in Scotland. That should get you lot going.

The gf thinks it is a load of crap but it willing send patients there if they really want to go. People often get better if they believe they are getting better, nothing to do with the treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

By the way, water is a very good hangover cure.
                      Especially if taken in lieu of original stella.

Comment

Working...
                      X