• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pakistan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandmaster L40 Church Wizard thus spaketh : You make more money ratlling sabres than you do by actually killing someone.
    Oh indeed.

The problem being that one time when you rattle the sabre a little too hard, and the person on the other end has a sense of humour failure and decides to stop playing "The Game".

Then things go all pear-shaped.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I love the sheer professionalism of the Pakistani forces who retook the base, who "celebrated" by shooting into the air in jubilation.

It is frightening that this country has nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        Hmm its actually the biggest problem in the world today!
        How DARE you go against doctrine!!!!

Everyone knows the biggest problems in the world today are driving a 4x4 without being a farmer, leaving lights on, and cows farting too much. Apology please.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I genuinely feel sorry for the chaps in Pakistan that are working with me, I hope they can pull through this but I think the worst is going to happen sadly.
          The worst thing that can happen is you will find taliban coding for you. Who knows what they will hide in the code.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            The worst thing that can happen is you will find taliban coding for you. Who knows what they will hide in the code.
            Taliban don't believe in science, maths etc..and neither are they educated in Islam. Taliban coder...he would be a defector I think.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X