• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our cat died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    It can take you by suprise just how much of an effect the death of a family pet like a cat or a dog can have.

It can also be a grieving opportunity that might not just be about the pet.. it's understandable if your other half or yourself is more upset by this than seems rational.
    That occurred to me when I became particularly upset at the death of one of my hens.

Comment

I found this helps through the moggy grieving process.

A hundred and one uses...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I found this helps through the moggy grieving process.

A hundred and one uses...
        I think we have that book somewhere. Alas poor Scooter was cremated.

Thing you all for your kind comments. His brother mostyn does not seem quite as upset as the rest of us : I suppose they were not very close in life. In fact when Scooter was run over 2 years ago his brother attacked him!

Comment

I'd be asking Mostyn some very pointed questions at this point... does he have an Alibi?

Comment

I'd be asking Mostyn some very pointed questions at this point... does he have an Alibi?

You think he pushed scooter under the car? I will shine a torch in is eyes and quiz him carefully.

If he is found guilty : what should his punishment be?

Comment

We've lost 6 of the little furry parasites now and each time its as bad - most of them died of old age, so we have that to be thankful for.

You have my sympathies
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You think he pushed scooter under the car? I will shine a torch in is eyes and quiz him carefully.

If he is found guilty : what should his punishment be?
                PS I told that to Mrs BP : she laughed for the first time since this morning!

Comment

I've got this image of cat with a blindfold, and a cigarette, tied to a pole, facing a firing squad...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Went outside to take the bin out : cat was just lying there. Mrs BP was totally distraut.
                    Sorry to hear that Brillo, hope Mrs BP is feeling OK.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Only in dying the life.
                      Bright the hawk's flight in the empty sky.

Comment

Working...
                      X