• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown says we're doing great

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot

Gordon Brown says the European Union must make fundamental economic changes to face up to the era of globalisation.
    He pointed to the rise of China and India and says Europe is falling behind in skills, growth and enterprise.

Why does he say thsi about the EU and then do exactly the oppisite of what he is saying in the UK.

Since when is overtaxtation, excessive beaurocracy and massive public service expenditure been facing up to globalisation?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

here hear Bob.

It doesn't really matter if all the jobs go East, as we'll all live off credit cards and the trillions in equity in our houses.

Comment

About the only thing we manufacture now is home made explosives in Birmingham.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

IMHO the difference between us and the Chinese and Indians is that they have a desire to work and they have massive national pride - both sadly lacking in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            IMHO the difference between us and the Chinese and Indians is that they have a desire to work and they have massive national pride - both sadly lacking in the UK
            The English are not permitted to have a sense of "National Pride", lest we upset the efnics!
            Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              About the only thing we manufacture now is home made explosives in Birmingham.
              The ones used on 21/7 though were quite possibly outsourced to reduce costs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                The English are not permitted to have a sense of "National Pride", lest we upset the efnics!
                "Touché" I think John.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
                  "Touché" I think John.
                  Nope - couldn't agree with J.C. more - Government policy has eroded our sense of national pride with their ridiculous human rights laws and they are slowly eroding our national identity as well - Damn them all to hell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                    no I'm Spod.

Spod in Spod mode
                    I'm Spod actually.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

I'm Spodicus.

Comment

Working...
                      X