• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks Barclays!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    CHRIST ALMIGHTY, 80K!!!!!

Well done that man.
    Thanks man - havent told the MRS yet Didnt tell her about the purchase - she is away at the moment and would have only screamed - although Im sure she wont mind now! But hey it was my money!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      I couldnt take the risk

I bought shares [which i dont often do] and also have an open Long on them for end 2009 spread. The spread I have running at now £40 a point.

Shares was too much of a risk as I put in a fair chunk but Ive walked away with 90k profit in as little as 4 odd months.

As a thank you present to myself I bought a Schumacher Nitro car that tops 80 MPH on Nitro - obv I use my son as an excuse to buy it!
      I'm confused, i thought they were > £1 4 months ago

PS well done Buster Gonad
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        I don't know if it is an age thing, but most toys nowadays seem wasted on kids. Dontcha think?
        lol true but I am a geek.

Last year I had the buggy that did me 70MPH and I stuck a helmet camera on it - some awesome footage I had. Ill see if I can upload it.

Another mate has a chopper on nitro and has rigged it with 2 cameras - some really good footage

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I'm confused, i thought they were > £1 4 months ago

PS well done Buster Gonad
          Early Feb they sunk when it nearly hit the fan

I went in higher at first and then diluted with the lower. That could have backfired but I was confident these guys would recover.

Comment

well done that man

what was your original stake btw ?

Comment

Big balls, you owe a big thanks to Gordon Brown then
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not bad at all
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I wish I hadn't sold at 90p now, hindsight is a wonderfull thing.
                  Still other opportunities are taking off
                  It doesn't pay to dwell on such things. If you kept within your comfort zone and could sleep at night, look at it that way.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Well yes, I only punted a small amount and was off on holiday, so wanted to cash in in case they crahed again (which they did). It was 50/50 if they became another Northern Rock, there had to be a tipping point where investors and customers gave in.

Comment

Big balls, you owe a big thanks to Gordon Brown then
                      If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Working...
                      X