• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Thanks Barclays!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thanks Barclays!"

Collapse

• Solidec
    replied
    Barclays 163.3 as of 15.00

Told you!

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    keep an eye on BP and BT

BT are doing so tulipe that there price is crazy low - but they also have a decent balance sheet. M&S are an odd one - sound company in terms of reputation - it is just screaming TAKEOVER in the coming year Id say.

Oil is another one I am in on for a spread but thats a long term commitement. If that pays off Ill hopefully be in profit for another 96k odd and the bigger grin will be its tax free as its a spread. Nearly wet my pants the other day as another new player on the market allows you to actually interlink spreads with each other [like a hedge if you like] and one of the ones I was playing about with - IF CAME THROUGH - would bring me in near enough £415k!! TAX FREE I didnt do it though - high return higher risk. I aint greedy.
    So is it spreadbetting or CFD , which you do ?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    [I know when to be happy and pull out so to speak.[/I]

Gambling only pays when your winning.

Most of them tend to get headstrong - they get on a roll then they think they cant lose - -so they put their gains back intoi the Market ... the Market loves this kind of fool.

Anyway well done - but as the song has it ...

'Be Careful with that Axe Eugene ..."

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    You see where you went wrong there is you should have done what I did and buy at 150. I am up literally .....pennies.....

What about oil? I am holding CRUD but cannot understand the dynamic of the price movement. Is there anyone (and this is a long-shot) who is familiar with the price dynamic of the DJ-AIG sub-index on which it is based (and LOIL too)?

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    well done that man

what was your original stake btw ?
    On the spread I started with a Buy at £25 a point then diluted it more so average £40 with a stop loss of £6000 now. That is

On the shares I put in near £44,600. Good thing is my sister also, on my advice - YIKES - put in 10k and she now got her holidays and then some paid for for the next 3 years! So overall really happy on this. But as always - it could have gone the other way.

I KNOW I KNOW! Risk but I was confident Barc wouldnt be taken up as the Board wouldnt make the statements it did during that period if they werent sure and plus they have Far East and Middle East commited to them and they wouldnt have let that sink.

But isnt it crazy as I was just looking at the history and you know more than likely they will get back to the £5 mark lol in a few years unless the middle and far east pull out of them. But greed is a funny thing. Gota know when to be happy and pull out so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Big balls, you owe a big thanks to Gordon Brown then

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Well yes, I only punted a small amount and was off on holiday, so wanted to cash in in case they crahed again (which they did). It was 50/50 if they became another Northern Rock, there had to be a tipping point where investors and customers gave in.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I wish I hadn't sold at 90p now, hindsight is a wonderfull thing.
    Still other opportunities are taking off
    It doesn't pay to dwell on such things. If you kept within your comfort zone and could sleep at night, look at it that way.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not bad at all

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Big balls, you owe a big thanks to Gordon Brown then

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    well done that man

what was your original stake btw ?

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    I'm confused, i thought they were > £1 4 months ago

PS well done Buster Gonad
    Early Feb they sunk when it nearly hit the fan

I went in higher at first and then diluted with the lower. That could have backfired but I was confident these guys would recover.

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I don't know if it is an age thing, but most toys nowadays seem wasted on kids. Dontcha think?
    lol true but I am a geek.

Last year I had the buggy that did me 70MPH and I stuck a helmet camera on it - some awesome footage I had. Ill see if I can upload it.

Another mate has a chopper on nitro and has rigged it with 2 cameras - some really good footage

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    I couldnt take the risk

I bought shares [which i dont often do] and also have an open Long on them for end 2009 spread. The spread I have running at now £40 a point.

Shares was too much of a risk as I put in a fair chunk but Ive walked away with 90k profit in as little as 4 odd months.

As a thank you present to myself I bought a Schumacher Nitro car that tops 80 MPH on Nitro - obv I use my son as an excuse to buy it!
    I'm confused, i thought they were > £1 4 months ago

PS well done Buster Gonad

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Solidec View Post
    CHRIST ALMIGHTY, 80K!!!!!

Well done that man.
    Thanks man - havent told the MRS yet Didnt tell her about the purchase - she is away at the moment and would have only screamed - although Im sure she wont mind now! But hey it was my money!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X