• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Science GCSE question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question to decide if you Fail, or Epic Fail :
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Example Maths Question

£5 dole money left innit! Bro, rollin into KFC, 3 piece meal wid onion rings leaves how much corn?

Safe
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I've been helping my son with his science revision recently - and he's finding it hard to agree with a lot of the stuff that is being taught - which is pure government spin with no scientific basis.

IVF is bad because it causes world overpopulation

coal is NOT a natural resource

powerstations are only good because they employ lots of people.

wind turbines are good because they use renewable energy

how to insulate your home

He's taking GCSE core science (the nigh level A-C type) and I have yet to see any real physics, chemistry or biology in the curriculum - no wonder so many kids are turned off by science.

They are taught what the government want them to think - and if you can think for yourself them you are doomed to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Example Maths Question

£5 dole money left innit! Bro, rollin into KFC, 3 piece meal wid onion rings leaves how much corn?

Safe
          If an ounce of weed is 100 quid and your dealer tax you a tenner for a gram should you:

a. Take the deal it is sweet innit.
          b. Cap the mutha.
          c. Negotiate a CDO option based on furture production values.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
            I've been helping my son with his science revision recently - and he's finding it hard to agree with a lot of the stuff that is being taught - which is pure government spin with no scientific basis.

IVF is bad because it causes world overpopulation

coal is NOT a natural resource

powerstations are only good because they employ lots of people.

wind turbines are good because they use renewable energy

how to insulate your home

He's taking GCSE core science (the nigh level A-C type) and I have yet to see any real physics, chemistry or biology in the curriculum - no wonder so many kids are turned off by science.

They are taught what the government want them to think - and if you can think for yourself them you are doomed to failure.
            You've got to be kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              You've got to be kidding, right?
              if only ...

Comment

Working...
              X