• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women; explain please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No it doesn’t. I do the shopping and cooking once on weekdays and at the weekends. That means we have good food 3 times a week. Add one good restaurant visit and we eat well 4 times a week. That still leaves 3 days a week of trying to digest the woman’s attempts at making Knorr’s prepacked boxes of ingredients.

One good thing about being benched next week; the food will improve.
    Is your wife/gf dutch? Then you should be happy you don't have to eat poffertjes every bloody weekend....
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      Is your wife/gf dutch? Then you should be happy you don't have to eat poffertjes every bloody weekend....
      Or horse-meat krocketten.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

So what’s the point of expensive brand-name washing powder when it costs twice as much as the cheapo stuff on the bottom shelf? It’s just powdered soap.
        Its full of bleach and fades your clothes quicker.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

But it has a little wotsit that's coloured all pretty like

Comment

So what’s the point of expensive brand-name washing powder when it costs twice as much as the cheapo stuff on the bottom shelf? It’s just powdered soap.
            It's all in the enzymes (apparently).

Fortunately Mrs MM has excema so we have the non-bio stuff...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No, it isn't. There is a quality factor in cleaning materials too, and I have stopped buying cheapo stuff. But I would rather go unwashed than eat own-brand meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                True. Most of our friends have had kids in the last couple of years, accompanied by the dreadful ‘beschuit met muisjes’. That’s a crap ‘treat’ if ever there was one; dried out toast with sugar on top. Crap. Nearly as bad as cocktail sticks with a lump of soapy cheese and a chunk of tinned pineapple. I actually like some Dutch food like zuurkool, rookworst and speklap, but their snacks are truly tulipe.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

its priorities innit

I bet you are fat and your missus smells nice

probably

Comment

I'd rub her nose in it as a detergent! sorry, deterrent

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      its priorities innit

I bet you are fat and your missus smells nice

probably
                      lol