• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Know Aldershot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know Aldershot?

Does anyone know the Wellington Shopping Centre in Aldershot. There is a small unit up which I may take for a XMAS lease - but I dont know the area.

Anyone?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Selling christmas trees?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Does anyone know the Wellington Shopping Centre in Aldershot. There is a small unit up which I may take for a XMAS lease - but I dont know the area.
      Aldershot has a bad reputation on account of all the Army bods living there (punch ups on a saturday night and so forth). But given the high-density housing, and consequent large number of potential customers, I imagine you might do OK over Christmas.

Also, I gather the Army are reducing their presence, what with all the defence cuts. So maybe one could do worse than buy a property there (and get more for your money) in the hope that yuppification occurs in due course.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You'll do a roaring trade in ethnic Nepalese tat!
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Born and bred on the Army Camp there but left many years ago, it has a worse reputation than it deserves. The Army presence is severely reduced to a few thousand rather than tens of thousands. Things have quitened down since the Para's left. The remaining Army is still a good source of business.

Given the choice of other nearby places such as Reading/Bracknell I would choose Aldershot - hope I don't have to make the decision as I like Wokingham. It is more prone to bomb scares than most other towns so you may lose an hour or so's business every so often.

The Wellington Centre is a prime centre and has a fairly large catchment area

Comment

Cheers PrivateEye - just off to have a look.

Comment

Like anybody with the word 'agent' in their job title, the bloke at the agency I spoke to was knob.

The unit went two weeks ago and he was too lazy to speak to the client. So it was a wasted journey. Its a xmas shop, which is a pity, because it was perfect for me, I reckoned I could have done 45k in three months from that location.

Bugger.

Comment

Working...
              X