• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody here had ..........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Daily disposables. No cleaning, no storage, no hassle and if you lose one it's like losing 50p.

Sorted.
    Not for me though. My prescription was so bad that those weren't an option.
    Similar story here.. I could get them but just couldn't get on with them (having tried loads of different ones) and really struggled with them in an office environment..

Comment

One of Mr P's colleagues had her eyesight permanently damaged with laser eye surgery - so........ staple...arse...bacon slicer...

Anyway, i enjoy peering disapprovingly over the top of me binns
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

He'd be better getting keyhole surgery to insert a personality. Then if he saved enough he could replace the swinging brick.

Comment

I've been toying with the idea fow a few years but i'll admit, I'l scared Sh**less! I'm now 41 so I dobt I'll see the full benefits anyways.
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            .............Laser eye surgery ?

Apparently it is a waste of time and only lasts between five to ten years before your eyes are worse than before.
            I've done some research (mainly wikipedia trawling) and never seen that suggested, obviously as others say it doesn't stop your eyes getting worse as you age but I've not heard it damages your eyes except for possibly making your eyes tend to be a bit dry.

It's been around for a good few years now as well.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Daily disposables. No cleaning, no storage, no hassle and if you lose one it's like losing 50p.

Sorted.
              Nah, doesn't work for me at least. I can wear a daily lens all day but I can nearly always feel it, and when I get tired they tend to simply fall out. Also, I cannot watch TV/computer screen with them. Maybe it's something to do with not blinking enough but either way, I cann't wear them all the time.

There are contacts which you actually put in and leave for weeks, not even removing for sleep... which sounds both amazing and really weird. I'm sure my eyes wouldn't like them.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I've done some research (mainly wikipedia trawling) and never seen that suggested, obviously as others say it doesn't stop your eyes getting worse as you age but I've not heard it damages your eyes except for possibly making your eyes tend to be a bit dry.

It's been around for a good few years now as well.

I read an article a few weeks back where people were complaining because they had paid out a few thousand pounds for treatment that did not last long. They felt that they were duped and had not been told that it was a temporary remedy.

Comment

I read an article a few weeks back where people were complaining because they had paid out a few thousand pounds for treatment that did not last long. They felt that they were duped and had not been told that it was a temporary remedy.
                  Laser eye surgery is usually permanant after any initial regression has occured. In a small minority of patients, especially those with high presciptions, quite a lot of regression can occur in the first months after surgery. But for the vast majority of people, there's no regression after the first year.

There are non-laser eye treatments that are not permanent though.

Comment

I went to Ultralase and everything was explained fully up front.. can't recommend them enough - they may appear pricey but the aftercare is excellent and it includes free retreatments for life (dependent on your suitability of course).

Don't be fooled by the £350/eye adverts either.. it appears that very few people are suitable for their 'bargain-basement' treatments..

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Laser eye surgery is usually permanant after any initial regression has occured. In a small minority of patients, especially those with high presciptions, quite a lot of regression can occur in the first months after surgery. But for the vast majority of people, there's no regression after the first year.

There are non-laser eye treatments that are not permanent though.
                      WHS. I needed another treatment on my left eye roughly one year after the initial treatment, as my vision wasn't as clear as through the right eye. They did the follow up treatment FOC. Now both eyes are great.
                      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X