• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have become a permie manager ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find out what the deal on sickness is and get a friendly doctor to sign you off for 6 months with back trouble (on full pay of course) and then spend the time doing certifications and the like.

Comment

Hey SASguru, you still in pharmas? Or back to financials?
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by partimer
        Many years ago you needed SSADM to do any government gigs.
        But you can learn SSADM in an hour from a book or website. There's nothing to it.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
          But you can learn SSADM in an hour from a book or website. There's nothing to it.
          Oh yeah... and ITIL, we did the exam with this 30 pages booklet studying in the morning on the underground...
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Is no one listening to me?

What's all this techie talk of SSADM, ITIL, blah blah. My aim is to leave IT altogether. I will be a scheming arse-licking politico in this job till I have climbed to a senior (non-IT) management position.

BTW Back to financials, Numpty. No money in pharma unless you're a contractor.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Like it !!! LOL.
              Spot the contractors ...

Got my Prince certification whilst walking the dog this morning. Got my ITIL whilst on the underground coming here. Got my MCSE whilst waiting to come into the interview room. Got my .Net whilst drinking my cup of coffee and this handy crib sheet. What do you mean I'm not qualified ????

Seriously though, I was making the point that you should get your employer to pay. Why study in your own time ?

PS there are now books that reckon it should take 15 minutes, none of that dummies guide - too much reading.

Comment

Originally posted by partimer
                Like it !!! LOL.
                Spot the contractors ...

[..]
                You'd be amazed of how many permies cannot find the way on how they can sit a certification exam. I had many of them asking how for several times. I send them the link of prometric, still they couldn't find the way.... guess I will have to write the http request to be sent or otherwise that will be so difficult for many of them. Then, at their next interview they will say that they encountered so many troubles finding where they could sit the exam.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Hmmm very interesting ...

I've been monitoring staff internet usage and one guy seems to be stuck on this forum. I think I'll set myself the job of finding out who

BTW Franco I bet have more techie certifications and qualifications than you:

BSc
                  MSc
                  Principal CLP
                  SCJP
                  Advanced SAS Programmer
                  Last edited by sasguru; 13 October 2005, 15:28.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    I've been monitoring staff internet usage and one guy seems to be stuck on this forum. I think I'll set myself the job of finding out who
                    That's your IP, you idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                      That's your IP, you idiot!
                      Doh! No its not, its a third party tool I'm using
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X