• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory leader.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys have nothing to worry about, it looks like we've got Maggie Merkel coming in!

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What's wrong with being a toff? It's actually refreshing when a public figure can speak properly.

Boris is a very smart man who has been a little too clever for his own good. I do not, for one second, buy into his duffer act. He was a King's Scholar at Eton and a Brackenbury scholar at Balliol!

Comment

I agree - wish the Boris man could do it - I'd vote for him. But the problem is the new Tory leader needs to be credible to the marginals.

They need someone that can aggressively cut through the bullsh1t spin on the economy, taxes, education, health, unemployment that liebour have churned out ad infinitum until the populace doesn't flinch anymore.

They need someone that sounds like a "man for the people" and not "some toff from university".

They need a man that is media-friendly.

They need a man that can publicly slaughter the opposition. Funnily enough, Howard was fantastic at that but the media never gave him the credit for it.

It comes down to Murdoch's support sadly. All of the above probably do not matter until Murdoch gives the go ahead.

And against the Campbell spin machine. It is a tough one. The only glimmer of hope is that the clown's economic baby dies a disasterous death in the next few years and the voters (and Murdoch) are looking for a lynching.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Scargill for leader - he is on fire.

Comment

Boris gets my vote!

Comment

Working...
            X