• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How scruffy are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Hand-made suit, brogues, pigskin briefcase.

Always.
    The mad professor look. Sounds fitting

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      The mad professor look. Sounds fitting
      I sincerely hope not. My tailor would be most insulted.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Depends on the gig - at the moment I'm at a software house where it's "business casual" which different people take to mean different things. Some folk it's a suit without a tie, me a shirt and a pair of non-jeans trousers.

When visiting /working for banks, I tend to wear one of my bespoke suits with a standard (Pink/Hawes/etc) shirt & tie combo.

Armani suits are fine if you're a standard shape. My body is far too long (& wide now!) to ever look good in anything off the peg.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I would love to have smart suits on but i dont like to be seen as walking stupid because no one else except very higher management wear suits.

However, I do come with nice formal shirts with cufflinks and ( non Jeans ) trousers but dress down friday.

In my Permie days, i used to be as Casual as possible, but have been told by a more experienced Contractor that Contractor needs to "at least look more Professional than permies "

Comment

M&S trousers, M&S shirt, M&S jumper, S&M pants.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Despite Mrs BP's efforts I still look like a tramp

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                M&S trousers, M&S shirt, M&S jumper, S&M pants.
                Where do you get your socks jedi?
                Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

My 'look' is best described as Bag Lady chic
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
                    Where do you get your socks jedi?
                    NEXT
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      Armani suits are fine if you're a standard shape. My body is far too long (& wide now!) to ever look good in anything off the peg.
                      I just touched 16.5 stone in weight there, I am 6 foot 2 though. I'm on my rowing machine for 90 minutes each day now because I can no longer fit into some very expensive clothes. I will not stop until I get to 14 stone.

Comment

Working...
                      X