• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long until we invade Iran ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Loved your Prudential plug Alfred.

I'm not convinced the considerations you outline are necessarily obstacles to the kind of attack I posed. Please don't mistake that for enthusiasm on my part for attacking Iran though. I don't know if it would be wise in the long run or not. I don't even know how much of a problem Iran is.

My problem is that I do find it particularly difficult to trust a bloody syllable uttered from Blair's deceitful mouth (or mouthpiece).

Then again maybe a WW3 is what's really needed ?

A change of governments in both the US and UK first though ay ?

True, it is disturbing though to reflect that some of the fundamental Christians in the US look upon such a Middle East conflict as the confirmation of the End Days Biblical prophesy and would relish the lot of us being blown sky high as they are ascended into heaven in Rapture, or so they believe.

Naturally the seculars among us will guffaw at such outlandish nonsense but there are a significant number of US politicans who firmly believe this Rapture business and are actively engineering an overseas policy to enable this scenario.

More pragmatically the lure of vast profits from such a War and access to the Oil reserves might blind the policy makers to the risks of such a venture.

If the War drums beat louder, look for the expulsion of US and Iranian diplomats as being 4 weeks to showdown, then my advice is to buy Oil as the analysts reckoning Oil could go to 400 bucks a pop.

But if it comes to War dont blame me, because it wiznae me, a big boy did it and ran away.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 October 2005, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
      My Fellow Armenians, Eyeran has agressively denied it's people freedom. They harbour terrorists and WMD. All patriotic Armenians should send their sons to certain collateral damage. We must make a stand against those who deny freedom and democracy. Haliburton will lead us into the light from the valley of death.

God bless you all

Dubya
      Im standing shoulder to shoulder with you on this one ND, now lets see where did I put me Oil portfolio ?

Comment

Working...
      X