• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police Officer Sacked because he was a member of the BNP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    The employee is not being sacked for being white or hetrosexual. The employee is being sacked because of this public support for the BNP, which is an organisaton that is inheritly biased towards certain minority groups, which therefore appears to be making their judgement impaired, whether the employee is active or not.
    But it was not public support, the list only came out because of an illegal act.

I doubt he was goose stepping up and down the station.

Comment

If he wants to be a member of the BNP then he shouldn't join the Police force.

IMHO They should have sacked him for being thick
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 March 2009, 11:05.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

In my opinion anyone who goose steps whilst on the beat, gasses people he doesnt like or invades smaller countries, or beats up people he feels to be inferior should not be alowed to stay in the police. no way, never.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The employee is not being sacked for being white or hetrosexual. The employee is being sacked because of this public support for the BNP, which is an organisaton that is inheritly biased towards certain minority groups, which therefore appears to be making their judgement impaired, whether the employee is active or not.
          Did I say he was???? If you read my post again I was answering SueEllen's point that every form of discrimination has been outlawed, when it clearly has not.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

What's the world coming to when even the Police can't be racist. Next you'll be telling me that they can't beat confessions out of suspects anymore!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's a much easier life in the thought-police eh? pmeswani

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                Innocent of what? It's not a crime to join the BNP.
                exactly. and by the same token, as a non-practising paedophile it was totally unfair of the PC thought-police to sack me from my job as a swimming instructor at the local youth club.
                Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Imagine the response to non-white emergencies and the level of service. Would it be the same, i guess not

Comment

It's not the only job where you can't be a member of an organisation that is opposed to the ethics of your client/employer and to be asked such questions at interview. They don't want to employ people who would seek to destroy or impede their objectives from a dogmatic and opposing personal prefference.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 March 2009, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      It's not the only job where you can't be a member of an organisation that is opposed to the ethics of your client/employer and to be asked such questions at interview. They don't want to employ people who would seek to destroy or impede their objectives.
                      but it is one of the organisations where they are trying to reflect society as a whole. Maybe we try to identify the policeman who most represents us, and have a sort of 'sponsored policeman' scheme.

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X