• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pope: Condoms cause AIDS!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you read what the Pope said it makes some sort of sense. Abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of AIDS, and condoms work against this goal.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      If you read what the Pope said it makes some sort of sense. Abstinence is the best way to prevent the spread of AIDS, and condoms work against this goal.
      The catholic church woiuld get further if it promoted sex within committed relationships : prefrably marriage.

I am joining the catholic church at Easter : of the 6 at the local church 3 of them are not married but in committed relationships : myself included. So the message is getting through : but the catholic church moves incredibly slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
        *despairs* He gets my International F**ktard Of The Week award, and I don't give it away lightly.

What a tool. A complete and utter tool.
        I couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        The first bit makes sense - "dont have sex and you wont catch AIDS", but saying that condoms work against abstinence is a ridiculous statement.
        If you're going to abstain because of your religion, why would condoms even come into it?

Condoms are there for people who WANT to have sex - not for those who dont.

The pope is a tard, end of.

I want a t-shirt printed with "The Pope is a tard" on it.
        Last edited by SallyAnne; 18 March 2009, 08:03.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

The Catholic Church would do a lot better if it 'allowed' contraception and married priests and spent some of its vast wealth on food and health care for the poorest in the world.

The Church is failling to attract much needed new priests and the main block to young men joining the church is that they have to be celebate. I have a friend who trained to be a priest in Italy for many years and finally left the church as he couldnt commit to a life without a sexual relationship.
          He would make a great priest and there are many more like him.

I really hoped that we'd get a more radical Pope last time, but instead we got Vlad. - PAH
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

High time we took Aids far more seriously. For example it is a fact that you can get Aids just from sitting on a toilet seat.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This guy makes more cockups than Prince Philip. He's from the same era as Josef Fritzel - a rather f**ked up generation. Let's hope they choose a pope next time who is a little more in touch with the world around them.
              Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                I want a t-shirt printed with "The Pope is a tard" on it.
                Create one: www.cafepress.com

you never know, it might sell well! Could be a plan B.

or you might get lynched by fundamentalist christians
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
                  I like the way you all glossed over the fact that unless the Queen has had a sex change in the last 8 hours “she” is still a “She” AND she is the Head of the C Of E.
                  Ok I was referring to the Arch Bishop of Canterbury.

On the issue of abstinence: Yes great to promote it to fellow believers, and good luck to them suppressing their primeval urges. However this does not resolve the problem of AIDS amongst the general population that doesn't follow dogma.

I stand by my initial comment that by dogmatically sticking to a literal interpretation on the spilling of seamen, the pope is directly responsible for the death of AIDS victims that contracted the disease as a consequence of his message.

The pope is a BIGOT.
                  Originally posted by cailin maith
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    High time we took Aids far more seriously. For example it is a fact that you can get Aids just from sitting on a toilet seat.
                    and by shaking hands with a junkie. don't forget that one.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                      I stand by my initial comment that by dogmatically sticking to a literal interpretation on the spilling of seamen
                      this is generally what happens when the French Navy ram-raid a British Submarine, not when one enjoys a pot noodle

Comment

Working...
                      X