• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boeing 777 - it's quite safe as long as you are flying to somewhere warm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder where the affected aircraft got their fuel from.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The old 747s used to pour condensation in the cockpit while landing. First officer would be using one hand with a chamois to wipe the bay windows with other on the throttle.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I'm glad these planes all have the same amount of flying hours on the clock.
        OK , OK 0.002 is an estimate. And why are the flying hours significant? It's not a metal fatigue problem, is it?
        In any case I, for one, would not be worrying over much about flying in a 777-Trent plane.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So when was the last time you went on a flight and had a choice of which plane you went on?

Granted, intercontinental you have a choice of many carriers but internal you'd be hard pushed to have the choice of planes.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            So what's needed is a heater for fuel prior to use to make sure optimum temperature is achieved. A small reservoir will also be required I guess for sudden fuel consumption, i.e. landing.

Hard to believe something like this does not already exist, FMEA would have shown this.
            This is what the oil/fuel heat exchanger is meant to do. It uses heat from the engine oil to warm the fuel before it it pumped into the engine. Since the engines were being run at idle for prolonged periods the oil wasnt hot enough to warm the fuel properly so residual ice crystals in the fuel made it into the injection system and blocked it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Boeing / Airbus

Surely though Airbus have the system that someone who I worked with years ago referred to as "Fly By Wire, Die By Fire"?

Comment

Working...
              X