• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Age on CVs....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    BtW, have you tried any of those new "russian" discos in London? I am tempted to show them to some friends of mine, just to see what they have been missing in England.
    Me, in a disco? And what would I do in a disco? Chat with the DJ about why I think Edward I is the greatest English monarch? Tell the sexy young totty at the bar about the 7th level half-Elven Ranger I played in D&D when I was 13? Perhaps I could even recount my victories in the British chess championships when I was 17.

Or perhaps I could take to the dance floor and groove like a burning spastic

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      <Or perhaps I could take to the dance floor and groove like a burning spastic >

Are you copying me, voron?
      No, he doesn't hit the others with his tail.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Well, he might do.

He looks like a crow.
        A crow? How very dare you, Sir! It is a raven, Sir! A raven!

Ya cherny voron!

Comment

Originally posted by voron
          A crow? How very dare you, Sir! It is a raven, Sir! A raven!

Ya cherny voron!
          Is it tasty as a quail? Mmmmm... quails....
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Is it tasty as a quail? Mmmmm... quails....

Bloody Italians, they'll eat anything!

Oh wait, that's the French, sorry

You leave my tail feathers alone. I know what you Italians are like. I'll crap on your windows if you're not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by voron

Bloody Italians, they'll eat anything!

Oh wait, that's the French, sorry

You leave my tail feathers alone. I know what you Italians are like. I'll crap on your windows if you're not careful.
              Indeed, one of my favourite french dish (don't want to mention the rabbits as they are too good ;-)). At least, they don't run around the foxes in ridicolous suits for no reason.

Comment

Six pages???? Yeh gods!!! For a change I actually agree with DA (assuming one does not count a front page with contact details, qualifications and v brief list of main skills). Think anyone with the right skills for a position (not that I ever have personally) should get an interview with 2 pages at very most. Not as If we contractors have to shove all that interests and hobbies stuff in and try and pretend we have personalities.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

How can you ever sum up 20 years of experience in 2 pages?

Come on, DA, admit that you agents have a lower intellect and cannot read and understand more than 2 pages in the same context.

It's like writing a Unix manual in 10 lines. Surely you can, but how good and representative it really is?

Can it be because agents only care about placing an order so to make money rather than the right person at the right place (which would require a little bit of effort and time and information which you cannot get from a 2 pages CV)?

Comment

20 years in IT

you should be taking early retirement and enjoying the easy life !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                      20 years in IT

you should be taking early retirement and enjoying the easy life !

Milan.
                      Oh well, even 10....

Comment

Working...
                      X