• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No surprise then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is little evidence but it is scientific fact

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You say that for a joke but I think London is far more integrated than some areas of the north which seem to be ghettoised. This is not because people are somehow "better" but because the over-crowding in London means people have to live cheek-by-jowl and interact whether they like it or not. The ever-changing nature of London means ghettoes don't last long.
      No mate.....Although my words were wrapped in humour but Im quite serious about integration capability of this city and thats why i really like it.

In unis you can find loads of International (Chine,Africa,South America,East Europe,South Asia etc) and british ethnic minorities students. And all of them get on really well.

I worked in an international telco where approx half of the employees were non English i.e. American,German,French,Russian,Arab,Pakistan,India ,China e.t.c...Infact you could find people from (approx) every single country on the map.

So thats why i think its "multi" cultural and "diverse", whereas in other areas of this country, its usually only 2 or 3 predominant cultural groups, thats why people feel threatened and moan (there are loads of other reasons as well).

Thats my 2c worth....

Comment

The pardon seems to a be a little too much;
        A suspended sentence isn't a pardon.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I have read the reports.

1. If he had been texting while driving there's no proof that he wasn't reading/browsing his texts at the time of the "accident", any kind of texting activity is clearly not paying due care and attention while driving.
          The legal system relies on it being proved you ARE guilty, rather then you proving you're not. It's of course likely but that's not good enough.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            The legal system relies on it being proved you ARE guilty, rather then you proving you're not. It's of course likely but that's not good enough.
            Indeed, but there IS proof that he had been actively texting while driving a short time prior to him killing someone, that's clear evidence that he wasn't paying due care and attention.
            Since the reports don't mention that the driving conditions were adverse when he crashed into the other vehicle and killed another human being rather than avoiding it that's again pretty clearly not paying proper attention to driving.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Indeed, but there IS proof that he had been actively texting while driving a short time prior to him killing someone, that's clear evidence that he wasn't paying due care and attention. And that's what he got done for.
              Since the reports don't mention that the driving conditions were adverse when he crashed into the other vehicle and killed another human being rather than avoiding it that's again pretty clearly not paying proper attention to driving. He got trial by jury, not trial by newspaper. The Crown Court decided that he was not to blame for the accident.
              But you know better. Right.

Comment

Texting while driving shouldn't send someone to jail. It clearly only happened because of the seconf incident which he wasn't responsible for.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  But you know better. Right.
                  He KILLED someone else by driving into their car which had crashed some time previously, a driver paying proper attention would have braked to a stop or taken avoiding action.

The evidence that he had been reading and to take the biscuit SENDING texts prior to the fatal impact merely compounds the fact that the driver wasn't paying attention.

Taking voicecalls on a hands-free is regarded as distracting, reading tiny script and typing out a response while driving is a damn sight worse, anyone caught doing that should lose their licence for good, have their car crushed and be sterilised with a rusty chainsaw.

You're the one who brought the Press into the argument in your first post now you lambast me for a trial by press, decide which side you're on please.

Comment

Maybe he did a favour by removing the drunk driver from the gene pool?

IGMC.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe he did a favour by removing the drunk driver from the gene pool?

IGMC.
                      Undoubtedly, but the death penalty for drunk driving isn't unfortunately on the statute books at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X