• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about the A3 (road not car)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've driven up and down the A3 as far south as Guildford and where it joins the A31, but is the A3 dual carriageway and free of traffic lights and roundabouts going further south?

Or does it turn to tulip at some point?
    Why don't you drive down and find out?

There are some lovely stretches of the A3 such as Thursley and the bit below Hindhead which I forget about. When the Hindhead tunnel is built it will be one of the best roads in the country.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Is hindehead the bit going toward London where the speed limit changes and there is a speed camera?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
        Why don't you drive down and find out?

There are some lovely stretches of the A3 such as Thursley and the bit below Hindhead which I forget about. When the Hindhead tunnel is built it will be one of the best roads in the country.
        I've driven from Central London to the junction with the A31 and through, just never ventured south of that. Never had reason to.

Now I'm looking in those areas I was just trying to save a wasted journey. Being near the A3 and paying the price only makes sense if it is an easy and fast journey. My search now stops north of Hindhead, tunnel or no tunnel.

Comment

Wouldn't like to travel into London on that road at rush hour.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Wouldn't like to travel into London on that road at rush hour.
            I've done it loads, and it is superb. Infact I've driven at 110 MPH down most of it (dodging speed cameras).

Comment

When I last did it there was a stretch where the road narrowed, with a big roundabout and a speed camera. I may have changed now, but it used to be a massive bottleneck

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I've done it loads, and it is superb. Infact I've driven at 110 MPH down most of it (dodging speed cameras).
                WHS

It's the best road into London IMO. Does get a bit rubbish around the Robin Hood roundabout. And forget going through Putney and Wansdworth; make sure you turn off at Roehampton.

Compare and contrast with the M3 which just leaves you in Richmond, or the M23 which dumps you in Croydon
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Hmm, I drive the A3 every week but for some reason none of those towns appear on the exit signs. I quite like the road, especially the bit by Bad Camberg services where I can really let go. Definitely no traffic lights on this motorway, baby!
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X