• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Quit in January 2009 so that my son never saw me smoking.

I am still very tolerant with smokers as opposed to many ex-smokers but I do agree that smoking in public places is terrible. Think about the people who have to work there, smoking passively for so many hours in a row against their will. Smokers can still have their fags outside. It's just a matter of habbit.
    WHS (all of it except the date)
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

On the subject of bus shelters

aren't most of them next to an erm.. road yeah that was it where there will be -- traffic yeah thats right and doesn't this oh.. traffic give out much more pollution than some poor sod just trying to have a crafty fag before they go to work.

it is these non smokers who did lobby for the removal of smoking in public places which they do not go into nor did they ever.

these non smokers are probably the same people I see jogging up and down the road who will no doubt be eating up tax payers money by the time they are 40 because they need to get new knees?

I am a smoker - I still go to the same pub - I actually have no problems going outside to have a fag - what does then annoy me is when some garlic breathed numb nut with poor bodily hygene tells me that I 'stink of fags'. At least I don't stink of tulip you pointless beard stroker.

which gets me on to another point - in the past if you walked into a pub early doors it would have a not too unpleasent smell of stale smoke and disinfectant with maybe a bit of air freshner

Now they all stink of stale farts......

I know that one of the reasons for the introduction of the ban was on the gorunds of health and safety to protect the staff working there - becuase the non smokers who were told not to get a job in a pub if they did not like the smoke said it was discrimination and so the workplace has to be acceptable for all.

but yeah - the people who lobbied to stop smoking in all public places are the main cause of the demise of the local.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Bloody hell.
        Bear in mind that my comment is purely on the view of smoking. I read on the BBC news site that the GP's in Scotland voted against a tax on Chocolate. As a chocoholic, I would have welcomed the tax as I wouldn't mind getting an incentive to give the damn thing up. I would also welcome a tax on Fried Food being sold in public places as well.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Bear in mind that my comment is purely on the view of smoking. I read on the BBC news site that the GP's in Scotland voted against a tax on Chocolate. As a chocoholic, I would have welcomed the tax as I wouldn't mind getting an incentive to give the damn thing up. I would also welcome a tax on Fried Food being sold in public places as well.
          you could also try 'self discipline'.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I hate it....Dad used to have it ....Iv had enough smoke in me coz of em.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              you could also try 'self discipline'.
              You should meet up with that Max Mosley chap if you're into that sort of thing.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Never smoked in my life.
                Smoked but clean now.

I reckon there should be an option between these two....

**Smoked occassionaly "socially" but not anymore **

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
                  Never smoked in my life.
                  Smoked but clean now.

I reckon there should be an option between these two....

**Smoked occassionaly "socially" but not anymore **
                  When pissed cadged fags off your mates, then post on here about how awful smoking is
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                  X