• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just paid for my...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    You'd have to pay me 25% on top of my daily rate to attend.
    A fiver?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I too have seen Guns n Roses live (92, 01,05) , great show, first one anyway, but waiting 2 hours for Axl to turn up each time becomes a bit of a drag. There are now tribute bands who do a better job.

Probably the best band experiences are best viewed in a small venue before they hit it big, Tool at the Manchester Accademy 3 springs to mind or RATM at The Ritz. The Manic street Preachers are surprisingly good too as were The Verve circa 93

With M Jackson, even the fans make me want to puke.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
        I too have seen Guns n Roses live (92, 01,05) , great show, first one anyway, but waiting 2 hours for Axl to turn up each time becomes a bit of a drag. There are now tribute bands who do a better job.

Probably the best band experiences are best viewed in a small venue before they hit it big, Tool at the Manchester Accademy 3 springs to mind or RATM at The Ritz. The Manic street Preachers are surprisingly good too as were The Verve circa 93

Have you seen By Jovi? Now that is a tribute band.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          A fiver?
          If you throw in free booze we have a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Have you seen By Jovi? Now that is a tribute band.
            Never been a fan of Bon Jovi, too much of a hair band, but having said that, Wanted Dead or Alive is a great song.

A mate has just joined a premier GnR tribute band as the guitarist, looking forward to seeing that

Comment

I too have seen Guns n Roses live (92, 01,05) , great show, first one anyway, but waiting 2 hours for Axl to turn up each time becomes a bit of a drag.
              Yeah I know, it's always the same with him.... I also saw them in 2006 at Wembley Arena and they didnt get on stage until 10:30pm... played until gone 1am tho. They were good, but not a patch on the older line up.

Gotta feel sorry for the people who came on public transport and had to leave 10 mins after they hit the stage or face not being able to get home

Comment

They behave like scientologists, you can’t criticise the weird one without them turning on you.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Just paid for my Cornbury tickets

Just 2, I am not a tout. Got 8 Springsteen tickets by mistake, sold off 6 at face value. I'm too proud to tout, it's wrong.

Sometimes wonder what I'm doing here

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    They behave like scientologists, you can’t criticise the weird one without them turning on you.
                    EXACTLY I think some of them would offer their children

Comment

Has it not occurred to those people rushing to buy these tickets that these concerts are going to be the disappointment of the century for Michael Jackson fans? The guy is old, sick and weak. The vocals are going to have to be lip-synced and the dancing is going to be like watching a p1ssed uncle trying to body-pop at a wedding - frankly embarrassing.

It's going to be really, really, really rubbish folks.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X