• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Creating money won't hurt II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Reading the weekend's press and today's FT in particular we are all screwed. The honest pundits are now saying they haven't a clue how this is going to pan out, other than it won't be pretty.

It didn't stop the housing experts spotting green shoots of recovery at the same time as the world economy is falling into a massive hole
    I think those "green shoots" are marsh gas spontaneously combusting. You get those "will o' the whisps" when methane builds up in festering tulip, which is what we're in.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      QE and the interest rate drop are seen as positive events because they should hopefully help to hasten economic recovery. Thus the pound will not crash.
      I honestly hope that the world was as simple as CyberMan brain.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        I honestly hope that the world was as simple as CyberMan brain.
        I think that bit of the code logic of the bot is mangled: QE / low interest rates are a GB policy, yet he's rabidly pro-Tory.

On another note: holidays in Bognor anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
          On another note: holidays in Bognor anyone?
          I did, at Christmas. But we can't think of anywhere even more downmarket to go to for next Xmas.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
          X