• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Creating money won't hurt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would appear that I don't have a pension anymore either....
    Would that be because you have already retired
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      As well as invading france and assassinating all our snr bankers to sort out our banking, unemployment and moral problems - we should add a policy of immediately culling everyone over the age of 60 to sort out the current and impending pensions crisis.

Man, I'm good at this. I should run for office
      Why cant old people ust work until they are 75?

Comment

Annuities are not applicable to final salary pensions, so there is no problem for me there and also not for all of our friends in the public services with their gold-plated pensions.

QE will cause unflation problems initially, but when the economy picks up, HMG will resell its purchased assets back into the market which will recoup the QE sum, as long as the assets that they bought had true value. This should return annuities back to a reasonable level.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          When you die the (pension) pot vanishes.
          Not mine. My spouse is then entitled to a half-pension, so the pension lives on even though I will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Why cant old people ust work until they are 75?
            It's obvious - because old people suck up valuable NHS resources and buses.

Come on, get with the programme BP!
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Fools !

I am so glad that I dont have a pension - for I shall never retire.

Never trusted Pensions - glad Ive never paid into one.
              WHS. Alfred Pruffock, Foxy Moron (despite his name), and me must be among the smartest people around here, never having bothered with all this pension nonsense.

The odd thing is I think I do have several pensions brewing, from my first twenty years in permie land, judging by the letters I regularly receive, but I just file them away in my pension file and forget them.

Reminds me of an interview I had back in the early '80s. Some old coot spent about half an hour, most of the interview time, explaining the company's pension provisions in excruciatingly boring detail, and then at the end asked me as usual if I had any questions.

Awaking from the coma he had induced in me, I panicked slightly. "God, it's the parting question time already!" I thought "Must ask some keen question, that shows I'm passionately interested in this grotty company".

"Er, do you have a pension plan?" I asked.

In the event, that was one career opportunity that escaped me...
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 10 March 2009, 02:49.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Not mine. My spouse is then entitled to a half-pension, so the pension lives on even though I will be gone.
                And it'd be worth the drop in income.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  You know, it must be really easy to be an ‘expert’. Whatever anyone suggests, you just phone the media and say ‘it won’t work you know’.
                  You really need to be an expert to work out that encouraging more easy credit and lax lending standards in order to solve the problems caused by too much easy credit and lax lending standards is not the smartest thing in the world.

My 5 year old could tell you that

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                    You really need to be an expert to work out that encouraging more easy credit and lax lending standards in order to solve the problems caused by too much easy credit and lax lending standards is not the smartest thing in the world.

My 5 year old could tell you that
                    Then your 5 year old must be a right tedious little bugger.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      WHS. Alfred Pruffock, Foxy Moron (despite his name), and me must be among the smartest people around here, never having bothered with all this pension nonsense.

The odd thing is I think I do have several pensions brewing, from my first twenty years in permie land, judging by the letters I regularly receive, but I just file them away in my pension file and forget them.

Reminds me of an interview I had back in the early '80s. Some old coot spent about half an hour, most of the interview time, explaining the company's pension provisions in excruciatingly boring detail, and then at the end asked me as usual if I had any questions.

Awaking from the coma he had induced in me, I panicked slightly. "God, it's the parting question time already!" I thought "Must ask some keen question, that shows I'm passionately interested in this grotty company".

"Er, do you have a pension plan?" I asked.

In the event, that was one career opportunity that escaped me...

Thats funny - I guess nobody gets offered pension schemes anymore at interviews - perhaps people have a kind of intution they mght not be around to collect it ?

Whatever - I did not accept any pension schemes because I found them to difficult to understand - and anything in life that involves paying money and the details are unclear - beware.

Secondly I used to work as a piano technician when I exit from IT - (given I will soon be 50 thats not to far away) I shall earn my income with those skills till then end of my days.

I would also venture that if you 'retire' and then do nowt with yoiur life - Nature sees that and will take you out - you only have to see that stats from pension companies to leatn not many folk collect more than two years of their pension - and the rest of the pension goes into the pockets of the Pension companies- Im not having that.
                      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 March 2009, 08:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X