• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Log Cabin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Savaged by a midgie. I never realised that was possible.
    Scotland's best kept secret, the midges.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

She develops a nasty skin reaction to the bites. The painful red inflammation lasts literally months. The marks haven't disappeared after 4 years. Pardon me if I don't share the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Pardon me if I don't share the joke.
        Genuine suprise. I never realised a bite from them could do that. The idea of midgie's affecting one's property purchasing decisions was a consideration I have always ignored.

Comment

They hunt in packs.
          Believe me it is very, very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
            Not this one by any chance?
            http://www.dmhbl.co.uk/index.php?m=p...y_detail&id=84

This is mid-Scotland - Lower highlands and a tourist trap.
            Good location for renting to tourists.
            Thats a lot of money for a shed. It's not even a big shed.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
              Thats a lot of money for a shed. It's not even a big shed.
              I agree. Am still trying to work out how they would fit 3 bedroms in that as they advertise.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Scotland's best kept secret, the midges.
                Originally posted by expat View Post
                Pardon me if I don't share the joke.
                And I wasn't joking. They do keep them midges a secret otherwise they wouldn't have a tourist industry.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Go for it but forget retiring there. Imagine you'll be 60+ living in a log cabin in the cold. No way is that realistic.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

£100K for a garden shed in Scotland? It's not even a big garden shed.

You lot are kidding right?

Comment

Genuine suprise. I never realised a bite from them could do that. The idea of midgie's affecting one's property purchasing decisions was a consideration I have always ignored.
                      I don't blame you for being surprised. So were we

Comment

Working...
                      X