• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying Shares.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Shares are a crap idea. How about a radio controlled helicopter? It'll definately go up.. even if not in value.
    Svalbaard, are you the chap you keeps wizzing those radio controlled helicopters around in Selfridges?!

Off topic - Do they sell white goods in Selfridges?
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post

Of course, why do you think they are called Sell-fridges if they don't sell fridges?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Of course, why do you think they are called Sell-fridges if they don't sell fridges?
        Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
          Svalbaard, are you the chap you keeps wizzing those radio controlled helicopters around in Selfridges?!

No. That's not me. I'm not employed by any faction of the remotely controlled by radio product industry.

Just trying to make the point that IMHO cheap watches and shares make carp gifts and that most men like radio controlled helicopters and stuff.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

if someone was spending £600 on me I'd want a pub style pool table
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Can you buy shares for someone as a prezzie?

One thing my hubby has always wanted was to get stuck into the Stock Market - what better bday prezzie?

Can anyone recommend any good websites (and any good shares? )
              http://www.fool.co.uk/Your-Money/gui...ecurities.aspx suggests you can. Haven't read it in full.

In terms of recommending good websites for share dealing, it depends on whether you are looking for a Nominee accounts or a site that sends Shares certificates by post.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Having had a look, it appears they don't sell fridges. They should call themselves Don't Selfridges & Co.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  if someone was spending £600 on me I'd want a pub style pool table
                  Now you're talking. I really want a bar billiards table.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    Now you're talking. I really want a bar billiards table.
                    I want a pinball machine
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

possibly a daft suggestion, given the price at the moment, but hows about a specially minted 'proof' sovereign (c£400). Definately non-norm but very shiny and you could mount it in some sort of frame, with it's certificate

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X