• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time of Opportunity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great thing is, not only will all assets be rock bottom, but every one of us will have barrow loads of cash! Billions of pounds each to spend!

Boomed! Not.

Comment

An expert on the radio today was saying 'buy property' because quantitative easing will cause rampant inflation. Thus the best investments will be in assets that appreciate with inflation. Nice to know that some experts are expert enough to agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        The impact of the .5% interest and the BoE printing money has not factored into the market yet.
        I beg to differ. Interest rates at near zero and quantitative easing was factored in ages ago. Evidence the fact that the pound hasn't plummeted to the degree that you would normally expect with a 50% cut in interest rates. Perhaps I should add the word "yet" though

I suspect that the volatility in the markets is partly down to a fear of "too little, too late". Again.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Some advice from the experts in this thread would be nice. What opportunities will there be for someone holding a cash warchest ?

- UK Property
          - Undervalued shares

.... any other tips ? Or is everyone keeping their ideas secret

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
            Some advice from the experts in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              WHS

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                I think the FTSE will bottom out nearer to 3000 than the 3500 it is now.

Loads more bad news still to come in 2009!

Maybe then its time to BUY BUY BUY shares?
                Or if things continue as they are it will be BYE BYE shares
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Some advice from the experts in this thread would be nice. What opportunities will there be for someone holding a cash warchest ?

- UK Property
                  - Undervalued shares

Diversify. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

But don't put them anywhere yet, there's a long way to go. Think on this. While government and personal debts are spiralling upwards we're getting deeper and deeper into the shit, and I don't see that being turned around for years.

Comment

- UK Property
                    - Undervalued shares

Depends how long you are investing for. If it's 5 years+ then buying now is not such a bad option, imho we are closer to the bottom than to where we started, if you see what I mean. If you are just looking for a quick return then sit on the cash and wait for the bounce, unless you think you can beat the market and can afford to take the risk.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I would do my bit to help the economy if I had a better quality printer.

Comment

Working...
                      X