• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrrr agency !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
    You should never forget to turn your rant off. If anything it's just bad manners...
    That's what I thought too!!!

And Luke - it's

for future ranting reference!!!

Also.....what are lovespuds?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Also.....what are lovespuds?
      C'm here love - and I'll show you! igmc

Comment

And Luke - it's

for future ranting reference!!!
        What are you on about Obi Wan?
        Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

'Rant off'....
          Just got back from the interview, it went really well, picked up on what they wanted, made sure I was the answer to those requirements.
          Read something on here about treating it as a business meeting rather than an interview, that helped a lot to focus on pitching as the answer to what the business needs as opposed to just another person joining the place.
          However, I have almost certainly NOT got the job, I know this as whenever an interview goes this well I normally get a knockback !
          A couple of times I have had a shocker and had it offered !
          Enjoying the game again now, good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
            What are you on about Obi Wan?
            Oops - I had typed
            [ RANT ]

[ /RANT ]

(without the spaces)

but they came out blank for some reason!!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
              'Rant off'....
              Just got back from the interview, it went really well, picked up on what they wanted, made sure I was the answer to those requirements.
              Read something on here about treating it as a business meeting rather than an interview, that helped a lot to focus on pitching as the answer to what the business needs as opposed to just another person joining the place.
              However, I have almost certainly NOT got the job, I know this as whenever an interview goes this well I normally get a knockback !
              A couple of times I have had a shocker and had it offered !
              Enjoying the game again now, good luck all.
              Stay positive Luke - you never know.

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Stay positive Luke - you never know.

Use the force Luke....
                Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  'Rant on'
                  NOT enjoying th game at the moment.
                  Been getting splinters for 3 months, scored first interview in all that time 5 weeks after first contact about a job, this is only due to someone else dropping out the day before. Ok, so I go in and get the job, I give up on it after not hearing for 5 days but I get the call saying it's mine. I then go through the usual production of every piece of paper from my day of birth and sort out insurances that they are insisting on.
                  Since then I am getting ****ed about by the client and the agency, 'just waiting for the final signature' blah blah. 3 weeks later it is 'should be this week, maybe early next'.
                  I specifically asked if they had the budget in place, which they claimed to. I can see things being pulled which is quite hard to take as you raise your hopes and then get size 12's in your lovespuds !!
                  I can accept the client may be putting delays in place but there are professional ways to deal with people and the agency has been very poor, no communication without me chasing for updates, story changes every time, clueless really, I'm not surprised as I have been in the game a while but as usual it is unecessary and disappointing.
                  So, usual tale of woe except I have another interview today, (which I shouldn't be available as I agreed to start at the other place yesterday !)Would love to get this one, it pays more and is closer AND I get the pleasure of letting the other agency leave me messages and chase me for updates for a change !
                  Good luck to all looking, it's rough out there at the moment !
                  Hope it works out for you soon. I've had much the same this week - Had an interview in Oxford a week ago, and heard nothing back. Phoned yesterday and was told I'd been pipped to the post by someone else.

Then had another interview yesterday, and told today that I've got that (subject final signoff etc). This one was double the rate of the first, and half an hour's walk from where I live whereas the first was in Oxford which would have meant B&Bing it.

To cap it all I've just had a phone call to say I'm now wanted for the first after all! So obviously whoever first got that pulled out. God, I hope the rug isn't pulled out from under the second, and I'm left without either.

What a week.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    .. It is really, really hard to keep looking when you have an offer. ..
                    WHS

(Referring to my previous post, I'd have been much smarter to hold off the first agency and not let let that one go until the second offer was signed and sealed. But too late now.)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ok, I know you are all dying to find out what happened, well maybe not but here is the latest.
                      First job have confirmed the budget and want me to start Wednesday.
                      Second job have asked me to hang on till they interview one more person today (they rejected the other 2 people interviewed same day as me)
                      First job is big blue chip, fairly immune from recession, threat of a perm job after first 6 months (might be safe harbour for a couple of years !!)
                      Second job is closer (both commutable) pays 25% more and will probably last 7 months tops.
                      Plan for me is wait to hear about the second job. If I dont get it, got a safety net, if I do, will probably do it due to the cash !
                      3 months with nothing (not even an interview) then 2 at once, hope for all looking, it can turn round in a couple of days...

Comment

Working...
                      X