• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Fred & Retrospective Legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard her say in an interview, the court of pubic opinion was against it (pay award) therefore she would have to legislate. IIRC public opinion favours bringing back hanging, surely if we are having law by witchhunt, we might as well bring back hanging.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I heard her say in an interview, the court of pubic opinion was against it (pay award) therefore she would have to legislate. IIRC public opinion favours bringing back hanging, surely if we are having law by witchhunt, we might as well bring back hanging.
      Stupid is as stupid does.

It was a spectacularly stupid thing to say, and hopefully she'll get hung out to dry for it at some point in the future.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Surely Ratewhore is right though. The government agreed his severance terms.

I used to be all for blocking Fred's pension. Amazingly I've switched sides thanks to the behaviour of this government.

There seems to be a dispute as to whether this pension was properly agreed, so we will have to let a court decide that.
        What I would really like to see is the massive past bonuses challenged and clawed back, because the bonuses should be based on good performance and not on granting of self-certificated badly secured loans to people/companies that had no prospect of being repaid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Public opinion also states Brown is a ****. What do they intend to do about that?

Incidentally, I took this from a comment in the Telegraph. I think it hits the nail firmly and squarely on the head in relation to the one-eyed scottish idiot:

The fact he makes noises as though he believes he or this country has a future is just an expression of his megalomania.
          Last edited by ratewhore; 2 March 2009, 11:20. Reason: added quote
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            What the hell for? Being crap at his job?

During the boom times, he actually made a profit at the bank, which is more than can be said for the time Gordo was at the helm.

I don't see Gordo giving up his £3000 a week pension!!!

... but it was high-risk short-term profit to earn massive staff bonuses leading to long-term bust. The demise of RBS has taken place over almost a decade, not just the past year. The profits papered over long-term cracks which we are all now paying for.

Brown's strategy was basically the same, in that he had no thought for the future ramifications of his policies. IE: Spend now, pay later !!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
              Yes, a somewhat inconvenient truth. Can't blame the current incumbents entirely. Much as I'd like to.
              To quote from ratewhore the Tories would be no different.

I hate Labour : but would rather they were replaced with something better. Where is Maggie?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Touche...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I hate Labour : but would rather they were replaced with something better. Where is Maggie?

Yep, we may as well keep Labour and let them continue spending and wasting as the Tories would do anyway. Let them sort out their own mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Yep, we may as well keep Labour and let them continue spending and wasting as the Tories would do anyway. Let them sort out their own mess.
                    IMO its a pity that a vote for anything other than Labour/Conservative is wasted.

Comment

IMO its a pity that a vote for anything other than Labour/Conservative is wasted.

It makes sense to continue voting Labour because they have not had enough time to rectify the problems that they have caused.

Comment

Working...
                      X