• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going permie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a similiar situation. Been asked to go perm, but will consider it if the terms are right.

For me there is an amount that makes it worth converting, the obvious one being DayRate x 5 x 52, but somehow I think that will happen.

Anyone know an approx day rate multiplier that is usually offered when converting? (only the cash element not bothered about 'perks')

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BankingContractor View Post
      Anyone know an approx day rate multiplier that is usually offered when converting? (only the cash element not bothered about 'perks')

thanks
      Current clientco (large telco) offered me around day rate * 120 .

I suspect it would be similar in other large organisations - the salaries seem to be 'graded' in line with the 'role' you do, with no consideration of how good you are. I suspect many smaller organisations would be willing to offer a good person a multiplier of more like day rate * 150 as the results of your efforts tend to be considerably more visible in a small company environment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

<snip>

P.S. You should have noticed by now that you get opinions here, not answers. You are still going to have to work it out for yourself. However, do please come back and let us know the decision you make.
        So here's what has happened. I turned down the permie role and it looked like I would be let go as planned at the end of April. But at the last minute the Clientco extended me to the end of May on a new project, with the possibility that I'd be asked back if it got through feasibility stage. In June I took some holiday, did odd jobs around the house and worked on my CV. Third week of June clientco rang and I'm now back till end of August, maybe longer if it gets through the next gate. So far so good.

Does that make me a career contractor yet?

Comment

Originally posted by arty View Post
          So here's what has happened. I turned down the permie role and it looked like I would be let go as planned at the end of April. But at the last minute the Clientco extended me to the end of May on a new project, with the possibility that I'd be asked back if it got through feasibility stage. In June I took some holiday, did odd jobs around the house and worked on my CV. Third week of June clientco rang and I'm now back till end of August, maybe longer if it gets through the next gate. So far so good.

Does that make me a career contractor yet?

That's the way to do it

Comment

Working...
          X