• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair considers charging passengers to use lavatories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    plop
    yes I wonder is it going to be £1 for a number 1 and £2 for a number 2?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

When flying on 'low cost' airlines I always take lunch to save buying on the plane. Would there be any objections if I took a bag onto the plane with me to relieve myself to save money?

Also, if you did not have the funds to pay and did soil yourself, would you have to pay a soiling charge similar to in taxi?

Comment

Rumour is Ryanair plan to charge £1 for emergency oxygen : and £25 to use the emergency exit upon crash landing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Rumour is Ryanair plan to charge £1 for emergency oxygen : and £25 to use the emergency exit upon crash landing.
          Wrong, It's £1 to breathe the air in the plane. You can of course take your own air supply.

Comment

This was a cartoon in today's Daily Mail - a spoof RyanAir emergency information card.
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              This was a cartoon in today's Daily Mail - a spoof RyanAir emergency information card.
              And it is also in the Telegraph today. What on earth are you doing reading the daily mail?

Comment

What on earth are you doing reading the daily mail?
                maybe he wanted to know about house prices?
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Last night on German TV they tested Ryanair against Lufthansa (actually seen various versions of this before) and the test was to get to Piccadilly Circus from Germany by them. It came out basically:

Lufthansa regular scheduled flight at a total cost of €108 and only took 2.5 hours from door to door

Ryanair flight at a total cost of €141 and took 4.5 hours from door to door

And then they took the piss out of the proposed toilet surcharge. I heard the boss of Ryanair talking about this on the radio and he said its basically like being in Liverpool Street Station and paying for the toilets there. Someone should have countered him with the fact that you don't actually pay on the train though and that toilets in airports are free.

What got me was that it cost €3 for a bottle of water on Ryanair yet you're not allowed to take liquids through the security checkpoint but airlines tell you to drink lots of liquids to combat dehydration.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Someone should have countered him with the fact that you don't actually pay on the train though and that toilets in airports are free.

What got me was that it cost €3 for a bottle of water on Ryanair yet you're not allowed to take liquids through the security checkpoint but airlines tell you to drink lots of liquids to combat dehydration.
                    Most airport security precautions are to get you to spend more money in the airport.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X