• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Wow Thanks for your insight... By the way you are talking complete bollocks.
    I had a clearance back in 2001 it lasts till 2011 I left my company in 2004. I spoke to the security team a few weeks back and they informed me that the clearance is valid and although I cannot move it to a new place I can go back on site with them (and I am) ...

It's bad enough that agency staff don't know what they are doing without contractors spouting crap as well ...
    You cannot move it, but the new client that requires it can request to transfer it to them. No company can keep hold of any clearance after you have left employment with them. I've managed to do it, and so have a lot of people. You have been spun a line matey.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
      Just out of interest how would registering as bankrupt affect your chances of gaining SC clearance if you're up front with them?

I've read conflicting reports...
      It's not a good start, it's one of the things they focus on (financial problems).
      And BTW SC is (now) 5 years, not 10.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Wow Thanks for your insight... By the way you are talking complete bollocks.
        I had a clearance back in 2001 it lasts till 2011 I left my company in 2004. I spoke to the security team a few weeks back and they informed me that the clearance is valid and although I cannot move it to a new place I can go back on site with them (and I am) ...

It's bad enough that agency staff don't know what they are doing without contractors spouting crap as well ...
        Or could it be that the security team are talking bollox?? SC for contractors last 5 years max, you only get 10 as a direct employee of the company that requires it, I take it you're a permy then?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I take it you're a permy then?
          He can't be. This is a board for contractors
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
          X