• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Security Clearance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Security Clearance"

Collapse

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I take it you're a permy then?
    He can't be. This is a board for contractors

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Wow Thanks for your insight... By the way you are talking complete bollocks.
    I had a clearance back in 2001 it lasts till 2011 I left my company in 2004. I spoke to the security team a few weeks back and they informed me that the clearance is valid and although I cannot move it to a new place I can go back on site with them (and I am) ...

It's bad enough that agency staff don't know what they are doing without contractors spouting crap as well ...
    Or could it be that the security team are talking bollox?? SC for contractors last 5 years max, you only get 10 as a direct employee of the company that requires it, I take it you're a permy then?

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    Just out of interest how would registering as bankrupt affect your chances of gaining SC clearance if you're up front with them?

I've read conflicting reports...
    It's not a good start, it's one of the things they focus on (financial problems).
    And BTW SC is (now) 5 years, not 10.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Wow Thanks for your insight... By the way you are talking complete bollocks.
    I had a clearance back in 2001 it lasts till 2011 I left my company in 2004. I spoke to the security team a few weeks back and they informed me that the clearance is valid and although I cannot move it to a new place I can go back on site with them (and I am) ...

It's bad enough that agency staff don't know what they are doing without contractors spouting crap as well ...
    You cannot move it, but the new client that requires it can request to transfer it to them. No company can keep hold of any clearance after you have left employment with them. I've managed to do it, and so have a lot of people. You have been spun a line matey.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Just out of interest how would registering as bankrupt affect your chances of gaining SC clearance if you're up front with them?

I've read conflicting reports...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

You get the quality of advice you pay for on this board...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Just say you've got it. What is typical of the civil service is that no one checks until it's too late, and then to arse cover, they'll just rush it through.
    Or they'll just bounce you off site for being dishonest.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by pleomax View Post
    Three guesses where you work?
    Why the hell would he need SC at Domino?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    While we're on the subject. Is it possible to be SC cleared for two clients at the same time?
    I don't see why not so long as both clients Security Officers have confirmation of the Clearance and know where it's being held.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    While we're on the subject. Is it possible to be SC cleared for two clients at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• pleomax
    replied
    Originally posted by DominoDancer View Post
    I was asked if I had it applying for a contract in Bar Hill - Cambridge recently but it had lapsed.

Easy to get again if you know someone who can sponsor you..

DD
    Three guesses where you work?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Just say you've got it. What is typical of the civil service is that no one checks until it's too late, and then to arse cover, they'll just rush it through.

Leave a comment:

• kemical
    replied
    Thank you for that...

Leave a comment:

• DominoDancer
    replied
    Yes Lapsed

I was asked if I had it applying for a contract in Bar Hill - Cambridge recently but it had lapsed.

Easy to get again if you know someone who can sponsor you..

DD

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    here's a crazy thought, ring and ask them!

You know that's so crazy, it might just work......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X